Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boredstiffcliff

Hello

9 posts in this topic

Hi - my name is Cliff and I had a weight problem- opps, wrong board. Seriously though, my name is Cliff and I had Surgery almost 2 months ago. I am missing Empanadas and Tamales, though not for the lack of my DW and DM trying to feed me as the old normal. I am doing better than anticipated. Thanks for listening, I am going to look around this board now. I hate the program I am at as it is mostly long time post ops that talk about the food they miss. Peace - Cliff

NerdyLady, Trish1967 and Jen581791 like this

Welcome Cliff!  LOL I hope you enjoy this forum more than the others.  I only came here, and no reason to go any place else! :)  As far as people whining about what food they miss, I think the mental game is where you win or lose this weight loss thing.  Mexican food made me ill last week so - you really don't want it!  haha...

*Hi, Cliff* Yup, wrong program ;) 

Welcome to TTF - we've got people from all stages here, with many active members and their varied experiences. Have s look around - lots of great stuff to read.

boredstiffcliff and Trish1967 like this

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. I am looking forward to being healthy again. I am a big guy right now. My DW is starting the approval process now and I am none too happy about it. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Cliff!

Question!  Why are you unhappy about your wife joining you by having WLS?

Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

This may sound hypocritical as I did this to be a healthier version of myself. 

I am attracted to large body frames. I will obviously still be madly in love with her, I am unsure how I will adjust to her being a smaller version of herself.

Perhaps that is a foolish statement to make, but I am only trying to be honest and she is aware of my concern. 

Foolish or not, you're being honest about your feelings and I applaud you for that and for sharing your concerns with your partner.

I guess focus on health and activity outcomes :) A healthy active wife has got to be a great thing to look forward to!

Trish1967 and boredstiffcliff like this

Welcome, Cliff!

boredstiffcliff and Trish1967 like this