BandedC

No weightloss since Band Op

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I had my gastric band on the 2nd of July. I lost about 17 pounds on my liquid pre op diet but I have barely lost any weight since the op. Is this normal?

Welcome to Thinner Times and congratulations on your WLS!

Are you tracking/logging your foods and drinks with calories in them?  How is your protein intake and are you keeping your carbs lower?

BandedC likes this

If i'm honest, i'm probably not monitoring it enough. I'm definitely eating much much less than usual and i'm only drinking water and black coffee so no sugary drinks at all which was one of my main problems. How many calories should I be having a day? I'm unsure as a lot of people say different things. I've lost about 2 pounds since the op but I was just expecting more than that. I get my first fill in 2 weeks and I can't wait to feel some restriction as right now I feel like I can eat normally! Any advice is much appreciated!

xxx

I think you'll do well of you track everything on an app like MyFitnessPal. It will give you calorie guidelines. It tells me I can have 1400 calories a day and lose 2 pounds a week. I know that's not the truth, though. I get 700-800 calories a day. Really try to minimize the carbs.

cinwa, BandedC and tracyringo like this

Thanns Gretta, and how are you getting on if you don't mind me asking? Are you losing 2lb a week with that calorie intake?

x

I'm 8 weeks out from sleeve surgery tomorrow. I'm averaging about 4 pounds lost per week, I'd say. If you really want the nitty gritty, my weekly losses have been 10.4, 6.6, 2.4, 4, 1.6, 4.4, and 4.2. 

tracyringo and BandedC like this

Wow well done!! Hopefully i'll start losing once i've had my fill

xx

Gretta likes this

Keep us posted!

On 7/25/2017 at 5:53 PM, BandedC said:

If i'm honest, i'm probably not monitoring it enough. I'm definitely eating much much less than usual and i'm only drinking water and black coffee so no sugary drinks at all which was one of my main problems. How many calories should I be having a day? I'm unsure as a lot of people say different things. I've lost about 2 pounds since the op but I was just expecting more than that. I get my first fill in 2 weeks and I can't wait to feel some restriction as right now I feel like I can eat normally! Any advice is much appreciated!

xxx

How you doing? Any luck?

Hey! Well i've now lost 11 pounds since the op which was about 6 weeks ago. I've had my first fill and currently have 5.5ml in my band. I definitely notice a difference now when i'm eating. I'm full quickly and if I eat too fast I have a horrible feeling in my chest like the food is stuck and I sometimes need to be sick. Hopefully the weight starts to drop off now that i've had my first fill. But yes i'm doing well thanks for asking ;) xxxx

Jen581791, Gretta and Res Ipsa like this

So glad the scale's going in the right direction! Thanks for the update!