Kiplill

Zoodles....Need Help!

I absolutely love Zuchinni and bought pre-cut Zoodles yesterday( waiting for my spiralizer to come). The problem is I have no idea what to do with them. The possibilities seem endless though.  Does anyone have some good suggestions?

I like to lightly salt them and let sit for a while , then squeeze the moisture from the zoodles. I saute' them in garlic and a little olive oil, I will eat zoodles with marinara sauce and meatballs. This is my favorite way to prepare zoodles. 

I like to saute them with a little garlic in a little olive oil, add shrimp and parm.  Yum!

I will say that at first I had trouble over-cooking them and I don't care much for them when they get soggy/mushy.

Garlic and Olive Oil sound amazing.  How long do you usually cook them for?  Mushy Zoodles don't sound to appealing to me either...lol

26 minutes ago, Kiplill said:

Garlic and Olive Oil sound amazing.  How long do you usually cook them for?  Mushy Zoodles don't sound to appealing to me either...lol

I do a quick sauté. I'm not into mushy zoodles. They still have a bite to them. It just takes a little practice. 

33 minutes ago, Kiplill said:

You know, I've never timed it but it's not very long.  Now that I've done it so often I just know when they're done :)

You will become expert at it quickly I'm sure.  I just wanted you to benefit from the mistakes of my first attempts!  The zucchini is just about ready in my garden so very soon I will have lots to experiment with.  I have basil that is just about ready as well so I think I'm going to try pesto zoodles next.

Pesto zoodles sound yummy!   My zuchinni is coming out of my ears and my basil right behind it...lol!   I just bought the zoodles since I'm waiting on the spiralizer.  

Thanks everyone for your help.  I let you know how it turns out!!!!

I can't upload a photo but holy cow!  Major Delish!   I put a bit of salt on zoodles in colander for about 10 minutes and then sautéed with olive oil and garlic.  I tossed with 2 tblsp of part skim ricotta. I was careful about sautéed time so it didn't get mushy.  Literally was maybe 5 minutes. 

Thank you so much guys... this is definitely a low cal protein filling meal!   

Another pesto noodle fan here but my favourite is:

Garlic Parmesan Zoodles

Ingredients

• 2-3 medium zucchini, spiralized
  • 2 Tablespoons butter (or EVOO) - I use less
  • 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
  • ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Lightly cook garlic in the butter, sdd the zucchini noodles and grated parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes or just until the zoodles are al dente.

I like mine with shrimp or salmon.

There are some great recipes here (my favourite is the Keto Vegan zoodles) - just add the protein of your choice:  https://hurrythefoodup.com/zoodle-zucchini-pasta-recipes/