Smashlee83

4 Months Update

Today marks 4 months. I am down 57lbs and 33 inches. I am over 1/2 way to goal. Things have slowed significantly. I have to fight for every pound, but this has been the greatest experience. Thank you guys for all of your support you've shown me!

IMG_8954.JPG

Congrats! You must feel great. I'm three month out and seem to have to fight now. Any wisdom? :-)

Congrats on your great successes at four months! You look great, and I hope you're feeling great, too :) Just keep doing what you're doing, I think! It's working!

Beautiful! You're doing great!

Pretty before and after!

Keep up the good fight. 

You're so photogenic! Looking fantastic, as always! Keep up the good fight. You're doing great.

Edited by Gretta

3 hours ago, Carina said:

Congrats! You must feel great. I'm three month out and seem to have to fight now. Any wisdom? :-)

Carina, I think the fighting is just part of the process. I've been trying really hard to not focus on the numbers on the scale or inches or clothing size and just focusing on how I feel physically and emotionally. I for sure have a lot more fighting to do. Typically day for me is talking myself into the gym and out of junk food. It's a little scary that I have to do that every day but it's also reassuring that the surgery gave me the ability to do that now.

Just like smoking. I quit smoking when I had the surgery and after smoking for 20 years it's just so ingrained in my routine. Often when I leave work, I get in my car and reach for my cigarettes. They aren't there anymore and then I feel silly. Those days are less and less often though.

5 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

Today marks 4 months. I am down 57lbs and 33 inches. I am over 1/2 way to goal. Things have slowed significantly. I have to fight for every pound, but this has been the greatest experience. Thank you guys for all of your support you've shown me!

IMG_8954.JPG

Dear @Smashlee83 you look GREAT! and you are positively RADIANT!

(That is, if you have not done this with imposters. There is this very suspicious part of me that wonders if you are really not some 62 year old guy, but I am trying my best to keep my paranoia under control..... Your Evil Twin, ha ha ha ha BB). 

(p.s. please post your BBQ ribs recipe from a few weeks ago. Beg, grovel, etc.)

(p.p.s. You guessed, I really am a 33 yo woman and bribed @NerdyLady to falsely state I was who I pretend to be). 

More seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! 

congratulations on this milestone. You look absolutely fantastic! You should be very proud! xo

Edited by NerdyLady
Oops!

Congratulations!! You look amazing! Keep up the good fight! It's so inspiring for those of use brand new on the losers bench!! :)

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Dear @Smashlee83 you look GREAT! and you are positively RADIANT!

(That is, if you have not done this with imposters. There is this very suspicious part of me that wonders if you are really not some 62 year old guy, but I am trying my best to keep my paranoia under control..... Your Evil Twin, ha ha ha ha BB). 

(p.s. please post your BBQ ribs recipe from a few weeks ago. Beg, grovel, etc.)

(p.p.s. You guessed, I really am a 33 yo woman and bribed @NerdyLady to falsely state I was who I pretend to be). 

More seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! 

BB - It's all about the rub. Next time I pick some up I'll get you a bottle. We have a gas station in Texas called Bucees. Bucees isn't just a gas station though, it's a landmark. The stores are GIANT and have full kitchens, deli counter, fudge counter, jerky counter. I could go on and on. They make my favorite rub.

After that it's just about a good flame sear on both sides and a slow smoke for a few hours. We have an electric smoker. I know that's cheating but it makes life simple.

@Smashlee83 I have a niece & her family in Houston, will bring up the needful with them. THANK YOU. 

Speaking of cheating: I went to the Dark Side a long, long time ago: I have a gas grill. :ph34r: In New England, where even snowfalling is considered grilling weather, it sure is easier!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Smashlee83 I have a niece & her family in Houston, will bring up the needful with them. THANK YOU. 

Speaking of cheating: I went to the Dark Side a long, long time ago: I have a gas grill. :ph34r: In New England, where even snowfalling is considered grilling weather, it sure is easier!

Guilty. I also have a gas grill. I know that makes me a bad Texan. I actually won it a few years ago for a cheesecake I made and once I started using it there was no going back.

Wow! Just look at you!! Amazing, girl!! Beautiful photos, and congratulations on your 4 month!!! You are doing a wonderful job... Keep up the great work!! ❤️