Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SydSleeve

Does anyone else feel this way???

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

HI.

I joined this forum basically just to ask if this is a common feeling because IT IS FREAKING ME OUT. 

I feel like because losing as much weight as I could/would lose with the sleeve is such a...I don't know...beautiful? thing for me, that it's impossible. It's LITERALLY ACTUALLY LEGITIMATELY too good to be true (btw this isn't me excluding all of the hard work I know I will have to do in all of this, it's just an overarching anxiety right now). 

Which leads me to think...

AM I GOING TO DIE BEFORE THE SURGERY?? NEVER GETTING A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE WHAT LIFE IN A BODY THAT I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE IN IS LIKE??

I'm scared once I set my surgery date, I'll die before it. Help.

just....wondering if anyone has had this same thought or if I'm a total freak...?

Edited by SydSleeve
NerdyLady and Stephtay like this

Well that is one I've never heard before....So I'd suggest that "total freak" fits the bill nicely. Haha!!!

Sorry, just my sense of humour there. Seriously we all have fears approaching the surgery. What those fears are differs between people, although many involve fear of dying on the operating table, or from complications, rather than fate stepping in and killing us off before surgery day.

8 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Seriously we all have fears approaching the surgery. What those fears are differs between people, although many involve fear of dying on the operating table, or from complications, rather than fate stepping in and killing us off before surgery day.

I think most of us had serious fears before the surgery. I was terrified I would never learn to how to be happy post-op without eating my favorite foods. In hindsight, I can't believe I wasted one second fretting about that. 

You won't die before your surgery. If you aren't already working on the head stuff that goes along with making this major change to your life and lifestyle, I suggest start on that now. You will be more successful if you learn how to sooth yourself without using food. And, if you come up with activities and other interests to fill the time you used to fill by eating. 

cinwa, Cheesehead, NerdyLady and 1 other like this

haha yeah I'm definitely working on the head stuff...this is just a fear I started having yesterday that I haven't been able to bring up with my psychologist yet lolol...but I'm still feeling it!!! HELPPPP!

NerdyLady and Stephtay like this