Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swanfray

College post rny..what to eat?

3 posts in this topic

So 3 weeks post op, I'll be back in college living in a dorm that does not come with a stove so what I'll be able to make is extremely limited. I was wondering what are some of your favorite things to eat that I can prepare in a lovely microwave or eat as is in my extremely limited situation (especially frozen products). The only thing I'm aware of so far is canned tuna and frozen veggies. At this point I think I'll be in the soft/puree food stage but I'll be double checking on that. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you :rolleyes:

A little farther out string cheese, ham, deli sliced chicken.  Refried beans, cottage cheese...

swanfray likes this

It sounds like a somewhat challenging environment for post-op, but doable. I spent the first few weeks after surgery in hotels (I was traveling) without kitchens, and @Cheesehead's suggestions (minus the meat, sub in veggie equivalents) were similar to much of what I ate. Also Greek yogurt, pre-made boiled eggs, and lots of cheese in its many forms. Also Eggface's ricotta bake can be done in the microwave (her website has a ton of ideas - be sure to look there).

If you're a meat eater you could look into Atkins frozen meals - some of those are bound to be appropriate. 

Shakes, too, of course. 

Best of luck! It'll be such an exciting time for you :) 

AK8483 and swanfray like this