Melynpo

Discouraged...is this common?

32 posts in this topic

I want to say that I took bits and pieces from you alls advice and the 3.5 week stall has ended. Using the Myfitnesspal app to count my calories, cutting out(carbs) crackers, grapes and apples, increased water intake, 3 meals a day only a snack  (petite carrots) if I get hungry between meals, increased protein(eating grilled chicken for breakfast some days instead of protein shake)and increased exercise. I lost 10 lbs in 8 days.

Thank you all for your great advice!!!

NerdyLady, TammyP, Trish13 and 4 others like this

Hooray, @Melynpo! Fantastic update! So thrilled!

Melynpo likes this

2 hours ago, Melynpo said:

I want to say that I took bits and pieces from you alls advice and the 3.5 week stall has ended. Using the Myfitnesspal app to count my calories, cutting out(carbs) crackers, grapes and apples, increased water intake, 3 meals a day only a snack  (petite carrots) if I get hungry between meals, increased protein(eating grilled chicken for breakfast some days instead of protein shake)and increased exercise. I lost 10 lbs in 8 days.

Awesome! I know that had to have been so satisfying to see :-)

3 hours ago, Michael_A said:

Awesome! I know that had to have been so satisfying to see :-)

O Michael_A it was!! I had to weigh myself twice.

Trish13 and Michael_A like this

11 hours ago, Melynpo said:

Hooray!!! I'm glad to hear that you broke your stall! :D

Hey, that's great news, @Melynpo! Good for you :) 

I am still pre-op but my doctor wants me to exercise for at least 30 min a day. Everyday. I do not know how much of a difference it will make for you but for me when I do not walk a couple days in a week (because of heat) I stall and do not lose that week. No idea why, but that's my 2 cents. If we lived near each other I'd go walking with you :)