msmarymac

Back where they belong

15 posts in this topic

I am home from my second plastic surgery and I can tell already I am going to love having breasts back where they belong.  And plump :)

First surgery in March was lower body lift and inner thigh lift.  This surgery was upper arm lift and breast lift with implants; he also did lipo in several places and did a revision of inner thighs.  I am sore but nothing like the first one.  My fiancée took great care of me (surgery was Thursday and we stayed in hotel until my f/u appointment today) both times actually; I'm not sure how I could have done this without him.

I was thrilled with my weight loss but I always felt uncomfortable in a swimsuit or in tank tops.  I wanted my exterior to reflect how great I feel.  So, even though it's a lot of money and I felt mildly guilty spending that much on "vanity" I am so glad I did it.  I had a DVT after the first surgery, but no clots this time which is great.  Life is good!

good for you!!!! I wish I could have plastic surgery but can't afford. If I could only afford to fix one area it would be my thighs!!  My thighs are so ugly I have to wear long shorts, I can live with no breast and winged arms

msmarymac likes this

How wonderful. I'm thrilled for you. Hoping you heal quickly.

Minfit and msmarymac like this

That's great! Never feel guilty for doing what makes you happy. Additionally, it's not as if these surgeries are "quick fixes". They still take some effort on our part, so be proud of yourself. :)

Great news!  We are all wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery. :)

msmarymac and Minfit like this

Glad to hear you are doing well!  I can't wait for your healing to be done and you to be able to really match your outside with your inside!

msmarymac likes this

Congratulations! And no guilt! You worked hard to lose the weight and you deserve for your outside to reflect your inside!

msmarymac likes this

How are you doing this morning Mary?

5 hours ago, cinwa said:

How are you doing this morning Mary?

I'm doing well, thank you for asking!  I developed a little infection around one of my incisions (cellulitis) but got started on antibiotics right away and it's better today. Made the mistake of getting on the scale...yikes there's a lot of weight in all that swelling!

1 hour ago, msmarymac said:

I'm doing well, thank you for asking!  I developed a little infection around one of my incisions (cellulitis) but got started on antibiotics right away and it's better today. Made the mistake of getting on the scale...yikes there's a lot of weight in all that swelling!

I still have swelling. Especially mid afternoon, I simply puff up. It's stressful. I am trying to be patient... it's not easy. Apparently my scars are quick to heal but my lymphatic system doesn't want to reconnect itself. 

msmarymac likes this

1 hour ago, Clickin said:

I still have swelling. Especially mid afternoon, I simply puff up. It's stressful. I am trying to be patient... it's not easy. Apparently my scars are quick to heal but my lymphatic system doesn't want to reconnect itself. 

Yours was January, is that right?  I can see how that would be stressful this far out.  It reminds me of getting engorged when breastfeeding babies...not very pleasant.  Do you still have to wear compression?  I am finding that to be miserable this go around because of the heat.  He did a revision of inner thighs so I have that garment plus the arms plus breasts.  Then, wearing long sleeved everything so I don't gross people out.  I am much grumpier than usual :)

Hope it resolves for you soon!

Yes. TT and breast lift(no implants) in Jan. 

I've been very good at wearing my girdles. It goes from underboob to knee. However, each time I pull them down to go pee, poof, I swell a little. 

At night when I sleep, the fluid goes to my back and drains out through my butt/back thigh lymph system. When I wake up in the morning I have a flat, tight tummy. At night when I go to bed I have a crumpled up front butt lol. PS assures me it's normal and some people just take longer to reconnect. Working in healthcare and experiencing worst case scenarios doesn't help. We've had tons of home health patients with permanent lymphedema following c-sections and mastectomies. 

But July swelling is definitely better than June and lots better than May!!! Here's something interesting. In June I took a 10-day vacay and went to Mojave and then a cruise to Mexico with my youngest son. I did not wear anything compressive. I did not hardly swell at all. Even with 116 degree weather! When I got home, my hubby who hadn't seen me in 10 days said wow-you're swelling is gone. But being back home and in my desk job sitting all day, the swelling is back again. So, me thinks my sitting all day has a lot to do with it. The great news is my boss is getting me a varidesk where I can stand and work. It will be interesting to see what happens! 

**Back to you though, you are a stinking TROOPER to have these surgeries so close together!!! Though I'm not in love with my arms and especially my thighs, I'm not jumping back up on that table anytime soon!!! 

1 hour ago, Clickin said:

So, me thinks my sitting all day has a lot to do with it. The great news is my boss is getting me a varidesk where I can stand and work. It will be interesting to see what happens! 

**Back to you though, you are a stinking TROOPER to have these surgeries so close together!!! Though I'm not in love with my arms and especially my thighs, I'm not jumping back up on that table anytime soon!!! 

One of our NP's has a varidesk and LOVES it; I hope it does help you!

I might not have done the second surgery quite as soon except that the Interventional Radiologist is wanting to take out the IVC filter they put in after my first surgery when I developed a clot in  my leg.  I decided it would be smart to go ahead and have this second surgery while I still had the filter in...just in case.  So far no blood clots :)

I still have some swelling in the afternoon and evening from the TT.  To me it feels like all of a sudden my skin is too tight lol.  I think it is better the days I'm more active.  I have really tried to make sure I move every hour (I go up and down 3 flights of stairs) if I'm not already up and moving. 

I don't feel as excited about the immediate outcome of this surgery.  When I did the TT and thighs it was such an immediate and noticeable change that I was just giddy!  Never had a flat stomach before in my life!  This time my arms and breasts and axilla are so swollen I feel huge, like a linebacker.  I know it will get better; I just need to be patient.

Clickin likes this

7 hours ago, Clickin said:

my lymphatic system doesn't want to reconnect itself.

Order some quality Burdock capsules and take some morning and night. It is amazing stuff for getting the lymphatic system back in shape. 

I had a period of very poor blood sugar control and during that time my calves and ankles started to swell and retain fluid. Burdock noticeably improved things.

7 hours ago, Michael_A said:

Order some quality Burdock capsules and take some morning and night. It is amazing stuff for getting the lymphatic system back in shape. 

I had a period of very poor blood sugar control and during that time my calves and ankles started to swell and retain fluid. Burdock noticeably improved things.

I will check it out.