cinwa

What's your go-to when you want a satisfying snack?

Even though it's not meal time, I sometimes find myself with a hankering for something crunchy and tasty - especially in the summer.

This is my choice:

English Cucumber 0.5 cup chunked (52g)  

Celery, raw, 0.5 cup chopped 

1 large Scallion, 1

Salsa, 4 tbsp

0 fat, 45 calories, 8g carbs, 

That sounds good refreshing! I've been eating a lot of lettuce salads this summer and I found these Planters heat peanuts that I love and just 1-2 oz are very filling and satisfying. 

Radish salad! This looks beautiful too. 

Trim a bunch of radishes then slice super super thin. You might get 8 slices out of each radish.

Fresh parsley leaves, between 1/2-1 cup, diced coarsely. If you buy a bunch of parsley in your local supermarket this is about half a bunch of parsley for me. Then perhaps 3-4 green onions, or 2 through the center slices of Vidalia or red onions diced very small. Be sure the parsley is fresh and crisp; I put the ends of mine in water when I buy a bunch to keep it fresh.

Dress with balsamic vinegar and dot - just dot - with a fragrant olive oil. 

If you dice good feta cheese into it, it has protein as well as crunch. 

I recently made a mistake that turned out well - I had trimmed 2 bunches of radishes but only used one. I put the other in some water with plain white vinegar and forgot about them for a week. I found them in the back of the fridge a week later and the red color in the skins had leached into both the vinegary water and into the white core of the radishes - everything was pink. They were DELICIOUS pickled radishes, made a salad (as above) and they were quite a hit with the family. 

Great topic for a thread!

I just open a bottle of spanish sardines and have a glass of lemonade. :D If not, I'll call Subway to order for Roastbeef sandwich.

I love my apples and Greek yogurt.  Procuitto wrapped around a piece of string cheese..

Edited by Cheesehead

I'm not there yet, but one of my favorite pre-surgery low-carb snacks was a kind of parmesan crisp I could get at Whole Foods.  Like chips made out of cheese, but the only ingredients were parmesan and garlic.  Satisfied that need to crunch something!  At the time I found them, I could eat a whole package in a day.  Not so now.... :) 

Dill pickle with a slice of good cheese. 

Crunch, salt, fat, protein... only needs caffeine to be perfect. B)

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Dill pickle with a slice of good cheese. 

Crunch, salt, fat, protein... only needs caffeine to be perfect. B)

You're a man after my own heart.

9 minutes ago, cinwa said:

You're a man after my own heart.

Well, probably not in full: I rarely have pickles and cheese with my Gevrey-Chambertin. 

half a peanut butter and sugar free jam sandwich on low calorie bread that high in protein. 

A few grapes with cheese 

Slice of low sodium turkey and cucumbers 

A few slices of apples with peanut butter 

my current obsession that can be a meal or a snack is dannon light and fit tiramisu greek yogurt with instant decaf coffee and cinnamon stirred in.  Then i break up bhu fit's double chocolate protein bar.  Stir it all up and it's a hearty meal or snack. 

brad's red pepper chips are awesome for crunch, one serving of 14 chips is only 60 cal and almost no simple carbs.  

vitamin water zero in lemon aid-i pound a 20oz and it fills me up for a good while. 

Edited by bellamoma

I'm never without Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame - Seapoint Farms being my choice.

Walmart stocks boxes of 8 x 0.79 oz, 100 cals, 10g protein packs.  

Latest obsession is Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds <3

10 hours ago, TammyP said:

Latest obsession is Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds <3

I'm addicted to their oven roasted Dark Chocolate so I stopped buying them.  But in fairness, I've stopped buying any of them.  I've yet to meet a nut I didn't like.

3 hours ago, cinwa said:

I've yet to meet a nut I didn't like.

Hmmm, I used to say that about my love life...