Minfit

Sorry it's been so long!!

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Sorry it's been so long, I am doing so much better!! All my stomach pain and diarrhea has completely stopped now for about 2 weeks. 

My husband has been in the hospital for a week and is home now, my appetite has been outrageous!! I guess stress, I have tired to make good decisions but I have gave in a couple of times and I am not happy with myself I have worked to hard to go back to eating just to be doing something. 

I am almost 11 months out I have not gain any weight but I don't won't to start this over eating crap. My husband is 17 years older than me and he is in the early stages of dementia with a long list of other problems. 

Thank you all for being concern about me. 

Res Ipsa and Sally L like this

So nice to hear from you! It sounds like you're doing your best navigating the ups and downs of life. We're here to support you!

Minfit and Sally L like this

3 hours ago, Minfit said:

Hi everyone, 

Sorry it's been so long, I am doing so much better!! All my stomach pain and diarrhea has completely stopped now for about 2 weeks. 

My husband has been in the hospital for a week and is home now, my appetite has been outrageous!! I guess stress, I have tired to make good decisions but I have gave in a couple of times and I am not happy with myself I have worked to hard to go back to eating just to be doing something. 

I am almost 11 months out I have not gain any weight but I don't won't to start this over eating crap. My husband is 17 years older than me and he is in the early stages of dementia with a long list of other problems. 

Thank you all for being concern about me. 

Great to hear from you.... delighted the pains and diarrhea are gone. Stuff like that is just an indignation and pain in the A$$. Very sorry to hear about your husband hope he continues to do better. It is a real accomplishment not to overeat when emotionally stressed, and double congratulations to you for not eating emotionally during this hard time. 

Giving in a couple of times is human and normal. An experienced surgeon wrote that this should be no worry to you... if you overate 500 calories ... it is WAAAY better than the 5000 calories we were all capable of eating before surgery! Just acknowledge it and move on. Mea culpa...

Best wishes and post even the small day-to-day stuff that you encounter. Someone on the Forum who is lurking about will find your comments useful!

Minfit, Sally L and Res Ipsa like this

Glad to hear you're feeling better Misfit, but very sorry to hear of your husbands health issues. I cared for my husband for three years from the time he became invalided until his death. It is so hard and I don't envy you one bit. Good that you've realised that your stress has seen you eat poorly. Unfortunately this is likely to prove to be an ongoing battle you'll have to fight. Just do your best, and try not to beat yourself up when your best isn't good enough. I'd strongly encourage you to try to find an activity you can enjoy when you're forced to be at home. Hopefully that will help sidetrack you from any future mindless stress eating.

You're in a difficult and emotionally charged environment Minfit and I send you a gentle hug.

My DH is 19 years older than me and has suffered from debilitating mental and physical issues for some time so I truly know what you're going through.

I try to remember the advice I was given by his doc.  "Look after yourself first".

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!¡

Sally L likes this

I can't add much to what has already been said except welcome back and we remain here to support you. 

Sally L likes this

Hoping life starts treating you better.  Just remember, take it minute by minute.. thinking of you!

Sally L likes this

I'm glad you are feeling better. My husband is 12 years older but he is in good health thankfully for now.. My mother has dementia and I see  her going down every time I speak with her. So I hope your husband gets better every day and take care of yourself.

9 hours ago, Sally L said:

........ My mother has dementia and I see  her going down every time I speak with her. So I hope your husband gets better every day and take care of yourself.

I'm truly sorry to hear that your mother has dementia Sally.

Sadly, in the case of most progressive dementias, including Alzheimer's disease, there is no cure and no treatment that slows or stops its progression. But there are drug treatments that may temporarily improve symptoms.

Sally L likes this

Thanks @cinwa She is doing fine right now.