Steffany22

Bloating & nausea & insomnia & throw up

37 posts in this topic

I'm 14 days post op and I'm so bloated that I look pregnant. I don't know what to do about it I put heating pads and it's just calms it a little but not much. On the other hand I'm suffering from insomnia and anxiety is this normal? I'm so freaked out that my life would be like this forever. 

Everytime i drink something, even water I throw up this foam like vomit and I'm taking nausea pills but I guess they aren't working. Is there anything out there better than gas x or the nausea pills that I should talk to my doctor about? 

BurgundyBoy and Sally L like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should let your surgeon know you can't keep anything down. It could be a stricture or some other complication. Dehydration can get very serious quickly, so don't put it off. Sorry you're experiencing this.

Sally L and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Yes I'll have to call my surgeon on Monday. It just sucks I can't keep anything down.  

BurgundyBoy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I immediately thought stricture too.  Please call you surgeon.  There will probably an emergency number to call.  You don't want dehydration and to be hospitalized...

BurgundyBoy, Michael_A and Sally L like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call the office now and see if the recording or answering service has an emergency/on-call number for your surgeon.

In the meantime, try all different temperatures of liquids (popsicles, hot tea, room temp water,...).

Sally L and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you are experiencing is NOT normal.  See a doctor ASAP.  Our best thoughts are with you.  

Sally L and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La la la, off to the emergency room with you NOW or at 6 am at the latest. This is so not normal. You could have a stricture or a leak. It is screaming COMPLICATION. And not keeping fluids in = dehydration. 

@Dtrain84 had a similar situation to yours with a stricture. He ate a turkey meatball and it stuck at the stricture and he needed surgery to remove it and then a procedure to open it up. Search his postings if you need to know someone else had something similar just recently. 

And you won't make it to Monday if you can't keep fluids down (and WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE TO "TOUGH IT OUT" WHILE IT GETS WORSE ), and your blood electrolytes will get all screwy as you get dehydrated and then your body doesn't work right. I am friending all your postings and all the ones above so you notice and read the postings about going to the ER now, asap, and as soon as you can go. 

You need an iv for fluids, "imaging" studies to look at your surgical area and stomach, blood tests to look for infection / inflammation / and electrolyte balances... and the list goes on. When you talk to your surgical team they will say, "go to the ER!!!."

So just go. Let us know what they find. Trust us, this is NOT normal and the faster you get seen the better off you will be. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second all of the above. I watched someone die from dehydration because they decided to wait out the night before going to the ER. By the time they got there, their organs had already started shutting down. It was just too late to save him even though the doctors tried their hardest.

BurgundyBoy and Sally L like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in to see how you're doing Steffany.

Steffany22 and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit better. I tried drinking different types of temperature fluids and I got comfortable enough that I was able to keep ginger tea down. I don't know what was going on honestly. It was such a weird experience. The bloating is still here but at least I know I can keep ginger tea down. It kinda feels like I have a really bad indigestion now but again I'm on the "cream soup" part of the diet so I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't been able to maintain all 64 oz of liquid though. My pouch fills up so quickly :( 

Sally L likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have any problem drinking freely after my RNY Steffany but I know that early out, some find they have to just keep doing the sip, sip, sip thing.

But given your feeling of indigestion etc. you're right to call your surgeon tomorrow.

Sally L likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 11:46 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

La la la, off to the emergency room with you NOW or at 6 am at the latest. This is so not normal. You could have a stricture or a leak. It is screaming COMPLICATION. And not keeping fluids in = dehydration. 

@Dtrain84 had a similar situation to yours with a stricture. He ate a turkey meatball and it stuck at the stricture and he needed surgery to remove it and then a procedure to open it up. Search his postings if you need to know someone else had something similar just recently. 

And you won't make it to Monday if you can't keep fluids down (and WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE TO "TOUGH IT OUT" WHILE IT GETS WORSE ), and your blood electrolytes will get all screwy as you get dehydrated and then your body doesn't work right. I am friending all your postings and all the ones above so you notice and read the postings about going to the ER now, asap, and as soon as you can go. 

You need an iv for fluids, "imaging" studies to look at your surgical area and stomach, blood tests to look for infection / inflammation / and electrolyte balances... and the list goes on. When you talk to your surgical team they will say, "go to the ER!!!."

So just go. Let us know what they find. Trust us, this is NOT normal and the faster you get seen the better off you will be. 

 

Hey my friend! How's things been going? I been away for a while as you could probably tell. That meatball brings back some rough memories. I decided to name my episode "the meatball strikes back" lol!!! 

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, good! Your experience is now a Legend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 8:44 PM, Dtrain84 said:

Hey my friend! How's things been going? I been away for a while as you could probably tell. That meatball brings back some rough memories. I decided to name my episode "the meatball strikes back" lol!!! 

@Dtrain84 Hey friend! This is the first I have heard about your meatball experience. How are you feeling? What the heck happened?! I hope you are well. 

Sally L and Dtrain84 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

@Dtrain84 Hey friend! This is the first I have heard about your meatball experience. How are you feeling? What the heck happened?! I hope you are well. 

I'm doing well. I had a stricture back in May  that I didn't know about until I ate a turkey meatball. I didn't chew it well enough and it got lodged in the stricture. For a day, everything I ate or drank was violently thrown back up. That's including all my medications and supplements. I spent 2 days in the hospital. My surgeon had to use a balloon at the end of a scope to dilate the stricture. 

Sally L likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

I'm doing well. I had a stricture back in May  that I didn't know about until I ate a turkey meatball. I didn't chew it well enough and it got lodged in the stricture. For a day, everything I ate or drank was violently thrown back up. That's including all my medications and supplements. I spent 2 days in the hospital. My surgeon had to use a balloon at the end of a scope to dilate the stricture. 

I'm so sorry to hear that and I'm glad you are better. I'm thinking of you!

Dtrain84 and Sally L like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

I'm so sorry to hear that and I'm glad you are better. I'm thinking of you!

Thank you! 

Sally L likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dtrain84 said:

Thank you! 

Whoa, I just looked at your stats... are you really down over 75 lbs?! You must feel great!

@Steffany22 even people with strictures can do well, like Dtrain84! Hope you are still doing okay. 

Sally L, NerdyLady and Dtrain84 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Whoa, I just looked at your stats... are you really down over 75 lbs?! You must feel great!

@Steffany22 even people with strictures can do well, like Dtrain84! Hope you are still doing okay. 

Yes,I'm down 75 lbs. I even had a 3 week stall in the midst of it all. I feel great and other than walking, I haven't done much exercise. I have stuck religiously with the post op meal plan my nutritionist gave me. I make sure I get in my water and protein intake for the day. 

NerdyLady, Sally L and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dtrain84 What is your post-op meal plan like?

Sally L likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

Yes,I'm down 75 lbs. I even had a 3 week stall in the midst of it all. I feel great and other than walking, I haven't done much exercise. I have stuck religiously with the post op meal plan my nutritionist gave me. I make sure I get in my water and protein intake for the day. 

Whoa! As @Carina asks what is your meal plan? Fantastic! 

Sally L and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah @Dtrain84 share your meal plan! 

Seriously, congrats. You must feel so much lighter. 

Jen581791, Sally L and Dtrain84 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carina said:

@Dtrain84 What is your post-op meal plan like?

I'm still in my soft foods stage( 2nd phase 10 weeks) until I go back to my nutritionist on July 26th. My diet has been low carbs and low sugar. My meats has been nothing but grilled seafood and chicken ( 2- 4 onces) along with leafy vegetables. I do protein shakes for breakfast daily and as a snack in between meals. I do Wendy's chili a lot too. Lol!!  I've always been a picky eater and can eat the same foods over and over again. 

Jen581791 and Sally L like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

Yeah @Dtrain84 share your meal plan! 

Seriously, congrats. You must feel so much lighter. 

Thanks!  At first, I couldn't see a difference but now I can and I feel it too. I'm 68 lbs. away from my goal weight and can't believe it. 

Sally L, Jen581791 and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dtrain84 said:

I'm still in my soft foods stage( 2nd phase 10 weeks) until I go back to my nutritionist on July 26th. My diet has been low carbs and low sugar. My meats has been nothing but grilled seafood and chicken ( 2- 4 onces) along with leafy vegetables. I do protein shakes for breakfast daily and as a snack in between meals. I do Wendy's chili a lot too. Lol!!  I've always been a picky eater and can eat the same foods over and over again. 

@Dtrain84 I've got to find a Wendy's and have some of this chili! I'm convinced that's the secret. ;)

68 lbs will fall off before you know it!!

Sally L and Dtrain84 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now