RADMom

Radical Hysterectomy after WLS

I had rad hysterectomy 3 years after WLS and have gained 20 pounds since that time, slowly and steadly.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Is this normal? To be honest, it is frustrating to go through all the

WLS classes and counseling and to get cancer 3 years afterwards!! not happy with the weight gain, but it is

better than the latter I guess......

Hi! I have not experienced this but wanted to welcome you. So sorry for what you've been through. Does your doctor attribute the weight gain to hormones? I have had a prophylactic mastectomy and reconstruction due to family history and won't be able to do hormone replacement therapy after menopause and am sort of just expecting to have to struggle to fight off weight gain then.

God BLess you Gretta

it has been a struggle at best. 

I still have the WLS "appetite"

however the energy level and motive to exercise is GONE! That's the worse

my regular doctor is so supportive and 

provides me with The hormone supplements that is required. My weight loss surgeon/staff does not provide however. Only how I can "do this or that BETTER" 

super frustrating so I have gone my own way with them 

just stay positive and do not let anyone tell you different on your own conviction 

That's frustrating to not feel supported by your surgical team. So happy to hear your regular doctor is great. Be gentle with yourself. You've been through a lot. You'll show that 20 pounds who's boss!

You ask well! Contact me anytime with questions. I have run the gamete  with WLS, loss of hair, IV injections  with the hematologist, vomiting until my crowns fell off etc... a little 20 pounds at 51 is manageable :rolleyes:

have a great week

kick cancer's @*# 

You are one tough cookie! You've got this! Have a great week. Hope to see you here often :)