Beth211

Cream of wheat

So stupid question but I'm on day 8 and not eating due to extreme boredom with broth and popsicles. I made some cream if wheat with 2% milk.  My stomach made some noise but ultimately I finished it and it was so satisfying. Now I'm feeling guilty. Could I have stretched my pouch? My first doctor visit isn't until Friday. I couldn't wait anymore. I had cream of butternut soup yesterday and that helped and i read where people had eaten cream of wheat in the hospital post op. I'm down 19lbs in 8 days. I started at 211. And I was getting lightheaded. 

You didn't stretch your pouch. The butternut squash soup is a much better choice than the cream of wheat as far as weight loss. Our eating programs vary by surgeon and their experiences of what allows us to heal properly and have successful weight loss.

My program only requires 3 days of clear liquids, then full liquids until day 14 (strained cream soups, thin sugar free pudding, protein shakes, vegetable juice), then purees through the end of week 6.

I personally will never eat cream of wheat again.

Edited by Gretta

4 minutes ago, Gretta said:

You didn't stretch your pouch. The butternut squash soup is a much better choice than the cream of wheat as far as weight loss. Our eating programs vary by surgeon and their experiences of what allows us to heal properly and have successful weight loss.

My program only requires 3 days of clear liquids, then full liquids until day 14 (strained cream soups, thin sugar free pudding, protein shakes, vegetable juice), then purees through the end of week 6.

I personally will never eat cream of wheat again.

As usual, I totally agree with Gretta.  

You should relax, as you did not stretch your pouch.  But there are much better food choices than cream of wheat.  In general, try to maximize protein and minimize carbs.

So cream of wheat is actually on my stage 2 diet that I started 2 days after this post. I'm still going thru my past eating disorders haunting me (thinking I've got to starve myself) I've lost 21.5lbs since surgery (2 weeks yesterday). However I  gained .5 lbs in the past two days.  My calorie count is about 500 per day but I'm back to work so no time for exercise 10.5 hour days the past two (no breaks for lunch either) sitting at a desk so that may be why.  Its 100+ degrees here in Texas and I'm having a hard time walking in the heat too. Got to join a gym.  

Beth,

Try not to get bogged down with the scales.  As you're eating approx 500 calories, .5lb weight gain could be no more than just a 8oz of fluid retention.  

The weigh-ins won't go in a smooth downward slope, but that jagged line will trend downward. It sounds like you're doing great!