lj1980

before & after and still losing

I am down 96.3 lbs and feel great. this is me in Feb 2017 at 358 and a few weeks ago at -82 lbs. I went to a carnival with my son yesterday and was able to get on the rides that I hadn't in a long time and it wasn't tight. I had my surgery March 13, 2017 and feel blessed to have it. I have already lost the weight that my son is. More determination and I will be down to 200 hopefully soon.

before and after.jpg

Wow! Dramatic! You must feel great!

congratulations on all the hard work paying off. 

Wow, amazing progress! So happy you shared it with us!

I love before/during photos! You look amazing, what great progress!  

That is an incredible change in just a few short weeks!

Way to go!

Great job!  I am very impressed!! :)  You will be amazed how much more activity you can do once you reach "onederland."

By the way, your goal weight seems a bit high - have you considered a lower goal weight, maybe 150 pounds?  With a gastric bypass, as long as you stick to the diet and lead a fairly active lifestyle, there is no reason that you cannot reach your ideal goal weight.  In any case, we remain here to support you!

I guess I don't know what to really except from the gastric bypass I don't want to go to low in my goal and realize I will never meet that goal and disappoint myself. At my weight now I have never been in my adult life it feels great and scary at the same time.

Great and scary are the way a lot of us feel!

The trick is to have some goal - but not to feel like it is an examination where you pass or fail just by meeting some mark. 

3 hours ago, lj1980 said:

I guess I don't know what to really except from the gastric bypass I don't want to go to low in my goal and realize I will never meet that goal and disappoint myself. At my weight now I have never been in my adult life it feels great and scary at the same time.

Fair enough.  But when you reach your current goal weight (and you will if you stick to the diet plan :)), then be prepared to keep on losing weight until you reach your ideal healthy weight.  Although the average person only loses about 70 percent of their extra weight after gastric bypass surgery, this average reflects the many people who refuse to adjust their diets after surgery (i.e., they keep on eating ice cream and cookies) rather a 70 percent wall that prevents losing 100 percent of the extra weight. 

We are here to support you, and to be here to be impressed by your success.

I told myself I would be thrilled if I got and stayed below 200, but after getting there I didn't want to "settle" for that.  I decided I wanted to get to a "normal" BMI; why go through all this still to be classed as overweight or obese.  I did make it and remain at the upper end of normal and I am so glad I did.  I never imagined it was even possible, but I didn't realize what a powerful tool WLS is.  You don't have to decide an ultimate goal now, it is perfectly acceptable to have a short-term goal and then re-examine where you're at and where you want to be.

You are doing so well that I have no doubt you can achieve whatever goal you decide is right for you.  Congrats!

That huge smiles says it all!! Congratulations on the weight loss and being able to participate in the rides with your son! Irreplaceable lifetime memories for you both! :)

Amazing! You look so happy :) You've already made so much progress toward your goal so quickly. Great job.