Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adenfamily4

HELP ME! PLEASE!

6 posts in this topic

HELP! I am 6 weeks post op today. I have had 1 week of non stop nausea & bad indigestion. I cant eat. I cant drink much at all. I definitely cant do protein shakes. Worst of all cant throw up even tho i feel like i desperately need to so i can feel better. I have been having quite a bit of sinus drainage because of my allergies. Last Tuesday i took my kids to the pool & got sunburn. Also Tuesday night i attempted to eat a couple bites of a shake & bake pork chop i thought was tender enough to try. Oh and after dinner my mother in law fell & hurt herself pretty bad. We were in er from 9p-3a i stayed the rest of the "night" with her. We woke up at 5:30a let everybody know what was going on. Was out the door by 9a to ortho dr then to hospital for pre op & didnt return home till 4p. She is having major shoulder surgery tomorrow! We did stop at dairy queen & i got a grilled chicken wrap with no lettuce & very light ranch i pulled off as much of the tortilla shell as possible. I really started to feel nauseous after i ate that & have continued to feel that way ever since especially when i attempt to eat or drink protein shake. i have been trying to drink at least 12oz of powerade zero everyday just in case i am dehydrated. With it being 4th of july with 2 boys & everything going on with my mother in law there is no time for me to go to dr till probably Thursday. i keep reading things on the internet & dont know if i am dehydrated, have a piece of the pork chop stuck, or if the sinus drainage is filling my stomach. Does anybody have any helpful advice or tips. Or just tell me they have been through this........

NerdyLady likes this

I really hope you are able to get more than 12 oz of fluid in a day.  You should put a call in to your surgeon, more have on call numbers...dehydration is a real problem for many..

Posted (edited)

This isn't normal at all. You have to go see your surgeon. If you're only getting 12 oz. of fluid a day, you are dehydrated. I hope I read that wrong and the Powerade is in addition to other fluids. Dehydration can get serious very quickly. Please make yourself a priority. As you know, the ER is no fun, so I don't want you to end up there. Sorry for all your recent troubles.

Edited by Gretta
delilas likes this

You have to call your surgeon - 12 ounces of fluid a day and not being able to hold down food when you previously were is not okay. 

20 hours ago, adenfamily4 said:

HELP! I am 6 weeks post op today. I have had 1 week of non stop nausea & bad indigestion. I cant eat. I cant drink much at all. I definitely cant do protein shakes. Worst of all cant throw up even tho i feel like i desperately need to so i can feel better. I have been having quite a bit of sinus drainage because of my allergies. Last Tuesday i took my kids to the pool & got sunburn. Also Tuesday night i attempted to eat a couple bites of a shake & bake pork chop i thought was tender enough to try. Oh and after dinner my mother in law fell & hurt herself pretty bad. We were in er from 9p-3a i stayed the rest of the "night" with her. We woke up at 5:30a let everybody know what was going on. Was out the door by 9a to ortho dr then to hospital for pre op & didnt return home till 4p. She is having major shoulder surgery tomorrow! We did stop at dairy queen & i got a grilled chicken wrap with no lettuce & very light ranch i pulled off as much of the tortilla shell as possible. I really started to feel nauseous after i ate that & have continued to feel that way ever since especially when i attempt to eat or drink protein shake. i have been trying to drink at least 12oz of powerade zero everyday just in case i am dehydrated. With it being 4th of july with 2 boys & everything going on with my mother in law there is no time for me to go to dr till probably Thursday. i keep reading things on the internet & dont know if i am dehydrated, have a piece of the pork chop stuck, or if the sinus drainage is filling my stomach. Does anybody have any helpful advice or tips. Or just tell me they have been through this........

Lots of people have been through this. As others have said - you need medical attention. This far out a protein shake should be just fine and actually be your safety food. It's possible you have a complication of the surgery like a constriction, or your gall bladder is acting up... your surgical team should see you today. 

Let us know how you are doing!!

CoTN likes this

Hi @adenfamily4 Hoping you are doing ok...