Nanarocks

Belching bloating

Hello

I had gastric bypass october of 2014, this last 6 months i have been battling belching with everything i eat or drink. I am also bloated in my upper abdomen under my breast. What could be causing this ? In the morning i wake up to pain in my lower adomen and a feeling like i am squeezing a water balloon back & forth it then moves up and feels like acid reflex please help !

1 hour ago, Nanarocks said:

Hello

I had gastric bypass october of 2014, this last 6 months i have been battling belching with everything i eat or drink. I am also bloated in my upper abdomen under my breast. What could be causing this ? In the morning i wake up to pain in my lower adomen and a feeling like i am squeezing a water balloon back & forth it then moves up and feels like acid reflex please help !

Hi Nanarocks

Perhaps you have some late complication of the bypass - but, Some 2 1/2 years later it could be unrelated to your surgery too. An hiatal hernia? reflux is sometimes linked to belching. 

At the end of the day you need to visit your PCP. I say that rather than your surgeon because your surgeon will look for complications of surgery. Your PCP will look for those as well as things unrelated to the surgery. 

Have you regained weight, or lost weight, recently? any other changes? 

Best wishes 

I saw my GI on wensday he ois gonna do a endoscopy & colonoscopy,  yes i have gained 10 pds yet i dont understand that either i have stuck to my diet plain from the start  , 

Thank you for the info my GI thinks i may have a blockage? 

33 minutes ago, Nanarocks said:

I saw my GI on wensday he ois gonna do a endoscopy & colonoscopy,  yes i have gained 10 pds yet i dont understand that either i have stuck to my diet plain from the start  , 

Thank you for the info my GI thinks i may have a blockage? 

Sure... blockages that are strictures don't have anything to do with your diet. After surgery it can just be fast, or slow nasty insidious, scarring at some place. It could be you have some acid reflux and it has irritated your esophagus or stomach and formed a scar...which as it tightens up like a noose around some part of your intestines gives you this. 

You are ahead of the game now if your gastro is set to do these. I sure hope you get an answer!

Sounds like your gastro is on the ball. There's no point borrowing trouble by second guessing what might be wrong. The great thing about endoscopies is that the surgeon can often treat problems while they are doing them. Your symptoms sound very similar to what I was experiencing prior to my revision. Initially they resolved after my endoscopy, but I went on to have further issues which were dealt with by my revision. I'm not suggesting for a second that you'll need a revision....just that they are the tool for diagnosis.