ktallon

About Time

30 posts in this topic

I finally got an answer from my insurance company. They approved my revision surgery. Just waiting on the scheduler to call me back with my date.  It feels like a thousand pound weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am one step closer to hopefully being completely healthy again. Eek just had to share the good news.

Congrats! Hopefully you will very soon be on the way to enjoying good health.

Trish1967 likes this

I am thrilled for you! Thanks for the update! I hope relief is on the way!

Trish1967 likes this

That's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you. I hope a healthy you is just around the corner :) 

Trish1967 likes this

Yay! That's so good to hear!

Trish1967 likes this

I'm so happy to hear you've been approved!!!!!! You're that much closer to living the life you wanted! hooray! 

Trish1967 likes this

Great news @ktallon. I hope yours works out as well for you as mine has for me. May they schedule it very quickly as well.

Trish1967 likes this

Congratulations!! I hope they get you scheduled ASAP so you can start feeling better and are able to move forward!! :wub:

Congrats ! Hoping you get to feeling better soon.

That is wonderful news!  I cannot wait to welcome you, again, to the losers bench. :)

Karimeaway likes this

That's great news.  I'm hopeful that given your situation, your surgeon's office will move heaven and earth to get your revision surgery scheduled quickly.

Karimeaway likes this

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, ktallon said:

I finally got an answer from my insurance company. They approved my revision surgery. Just waiting on the scheduler to call me back with my date.  It feels like a thousand pound weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am one step closer to hopefully being completely healthy again. Eek just had to share the good news.

I am thrilled for you. The days will fly by and you can get back to the business of living the rest of your healthy life. 

Edited by NerdyLady
I don't know who to write a sentence
Jen581791 likes this

Outstanding News!!! I hope you find much relief with this revision and that they are able to get you scheduled quickly! Keep up posted!!! :D

On 6/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, ktallon said:

Must be a big mood lifter. Congratulations. How are you doing with your intake? Been very challenging...

@BurgundyBoy intake still hasn't been much i can usually get about 1 thinned out premier protein shake down but if i do anymore than that im in serious pain and throwing up. Hopefully the increase of protein in my TPN will also help get me to where I need to be. 

BurgundyBoy likes this

Just now, ktallon said:

@BurgundyBoy intake still hasn't been much i can usually get about 1 thinned out premier protein shake down but if i do anymore than that im in serious pain and throwing up. Hopefully the increase of protein in my TPN will also help get me to where I need to be. 

Thinking positive vibes for you

Update: went to the doctor for my weekly check today. Came out very dissapointed. Surgeon said he still can't schedule me for the revision because my albumin is still only at a 2.5 and needs to be at least a 4 in order to safely do surgery. This whole process has got me a little down.  I just want to get back to a normal life. Not to mention my son has been acting out really bad since everything that has been going on. I feel bad that he has to watch me go through all of this but he is my reason for wanting to be healthier and thinner so i can be able to do more with him. I wish had more support especially for him during this time. Okay end rant. Sorry it's been one of those days.

BurgundyBoy and NerdyLady like this

1 hour ago, ktallon said:

Update: went to the doctor for my weekly check today. Came out very dissapointed. Surgeon said he still can't schedule me for the revision because my albumin is still only at a 2.5 and needs to be at least a 4 in order to safely do surgery. This whole process has got me a little down.  I just want to get back to a normal life. Not to mention my son has been acting out really bad since everything that has been going on. I feel bad that he has to watch me go through all of this but he is my reason for wanting to be healthier and thinner so i can be able to do more with him. I wish had more support especially for him during this time. Okay end rant. Sorry it's been one of those days.

I am so bummed for you, you have definitely been through the wringer.

How do they raise the albumin level?

NerdyLady likes this

Ugh. So sorry you have to wait longer.

@Michael_A they have increased the amount of protein and other vital nutrients in the tpn they also want me doing a minimum of 3 protein shakes a day which is easier said than done. Usually after 1 i start having abdominal pain and nausea/vomitting. He said it may take a few more weeks to get me to the level i need to be at. I'm going to try my hardest to get these shakes in. Praying the next blood draw shows improvement in the level. 

14 hours ago, ktallon said:

@Michael_A they have increased the amount of protein and other vital nutrients in the tpn they also want me doing a minimum of 3 protein shakes a day which is easier said than done. Usually after 1 i start having abdominal pain and nausea/vomitting. He said it may take a few more weeks to get me to the level i need to be at. I'm going to try my hardest to get these shakes in. Praying the next blood draw shows improvement in the level. 

Well my heart goes out to you!! I'm praying the next few weeks zoom by and that you get some good results. I can just imagine how unsettled your world seems right now.

Hang in there a bit longer...  :-)

NerdyLady likes this

There might finally be a light at the end of the Tunnel. July 24th at 7:30 am is tentatively the date for my revision pending my lab results come back where they need to be for surgery. Im really praying on this.  I am definitely ready to feel normal again.

Relief is in sight! I'm so glad. Fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, ktallon said:

There might finally be a light at the end of the Tunnel. July 24th at 7:30 am is tentatively the date for my revision pending my lab results come back where they need to be for surgery. Im really praying on this.  I am definitely ready to feel normal again.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. (continue to) Be Strong. Easy to type these words but somehow wish to really, really convey ... be strong, be resilient, keep being who you are. We're behind you. 

15 hours ago, ktallon said:

Great news!  Hopefully the date will not be changed so that you can get your first surgery fixed soon. We are here to support you.