Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kimteehee

Scared

5 posts in this topic

Today is my 3 year Anniversary of my bypass gone wrong. My surgeon saved my life and after 7 surgeries and 2 months in the hospital, I lost a little over 100 lbs. I'm 5'10 and went from 240 to 137. About 7 months ago I got a deproprovera shot and gained 25 lbs in 2 weeks. Very upsetting. To go from not being able to maintain any weight to gaining is awful. Now I have lost 10 but can't loose that last 15 to get back where I was.  I've developed a very dangerous habit. Throwing up. I throw up 99% of everything I eat because it's so easy to do now. I'm starting to loose the weight so it's working. I walk daily and do work around the yard and house. Think I just plateaued and am not happy about that. I know the easiest thing to say is to just stop but that's easier said than done. Especially when I'm getting results. Wondering if this can damage my pouch or if it will be ok until I hit my goal weight. Can't really find the research 

I'm sorry that 15 pounds is nagging at you. Your teeth, esophagus, and body will thank you if you seek help for your bulimia. That can't be the only path to success. Let us know how best we can support you.

Jen581791, Stephtay and Res Ipsa like this

Please heed @Gretta's wise words. You may be getting weight loss results, but you're also getting negative health results that you might not see immediately, but which can be serious.

Here's a little information I found by googling: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/010614p12.shtml

There's no shame in asking for help. Make sure you take care of yourself.

Res Ipsa and bellamoma like this

Posted (edited)

It's not easy to "just stop" just like having WLS isn't the easy way out. It's so much more complicated than that. Please reach out for help. You can absolutely get to your goal without purging.

I wish I could fly a banner about Depo-Provera. I have worked in women's health for many years and always counseled women that if they are prone to weight gain, look for another method of birth control.  Too many women gain massive amounts of weight on that stuff, even though the drug company swears up and down that most women gain a max of 6lb. Not true. With depo, if you're prone to weight gain, don't do it. If you're prone to being skinny, don't- it won't help you put on weight. That's just how it is. 

Please reach out, there is a better way to get to your goal, I promise. 

Edited by bellamoma
Res Ipsa and Jen581791 like this

On 6/27/2017 at 8:14 PM, Kimteehee said:

Today is my 3 year Anniversary of my bypass gone wrong. My surgeon saved my life and after 7 surgeries and 2 months in the hospital, I lost a little over 100 lbs. I'm 5'10 and went from 240 to 137. About 7 months ago I got a deproprovera shot and gained 25 lbs in 2 weeks. Very upsetting. To go from not being able to maintain any weight to gaining is awful. Now I have lost 10 but can't loose that last 15 to get back where I was.  I've developed a very dangerous habit. Throwing up. I throw up 99% of everything I eat because it's so easy to do now. I'm starting to loose the weight so it's working. I walk daily and do work around the yard and house. Think I just plateaued and am not happy about that. I know the easiest thing to say is to just stop but that's easier said than done. Especially when I'm getting results. Wondering if this can damage my pouch or if it will be ok until I hit my goal weight. Can't really find the research 

Kimteehee, the risk is not getting to your weight, it's the throwing up. PLEASE get help tomorrow. You have an eating disorder on the face of it. A member of my family had such a disorder for 40 years and kept it a secret for all that time. She is well now. You can be too. 

Jen581791 likes this