Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TxGirl

Have you broke your diet?

4 posts in this topic

My doctor has me on a 21 day liquid diet. I have been doing really well pain is there but as long as I take it easy its good. I had stewed carrots and some cottage cheese. I am only 13days post op, has anyone else done this?  

For a lot of people here, by 13 days post op, they are allowed pureed foods, so seeing cottage cheese on someones list is not uncommon. I'm assuming with the carrots being stewed you could get them quite mushy going down. 

That said, sticking to your surgeon's plan is best. 

TxGirl likes this

At 13 days post-op my surgeon lifted all restrictions on my food. He said as long as I could tolerate it I could try eat it....usual weightloss types of food that is. He wanted me on solids as soon as possible. He even has his patients on weetbix, yoghurt etc in the hospital 24 hours after surgery. The only food I tried that I didn't tolerate straight away was eggs. A few weeks after though I tried egg again and had no issues.

TxGirl likes this

Im two weeks out and my doctor has me on stage 2 liquids cream soups, oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, protein drinks, pudding, yogurt, so far I'm good with it since I can't eat much anyway