Vaultgirl72

Success! Made it to the Loser's Bench!!

43 posts in this topic

Surgery was successful! I'm feeling pretty good but very sleepy. Seems my procedure was broadcasted so the were very meticulous. Kinda cool :)

6 minutes ago, Vaultgirl72 said:

Surgery was successful! I'm feeling pretty good but very sleepy. Seems my procedure was broadcasted so the were very meticulous. Kinda cool :)

Good for you! They finally did it! Congratulations!!

Does this mean, like, you are a movie star already?? Most of us have to lose some weight first! B) (notice the cool Hollywood shades on the emoji)

Hooray and welcome to the bench!!! :D So glad this finally worked out for you. I'm looking forward to hearing your updates. 

It's good to finally get you on the losers bench.

So glad to hear all went well!

Very happy for you!

Yay!  Get all the rest you need.  That's very cool at the broadcast thing :)

Congrats! Thrilled this was finally the day! 

Hip hip hooray!!

Trish1967 and Vaultgirl72 like this

5 hours ago, Vaultgirl72 said:

YES!!!!! FINALLY!!! I'm so very, very happy for you :D Welcome to the losers bench! I hope you're doing well and I'm thinking of you ❤️

NerdyLady and Vaultgirl72 like this

Yay congrats and welcome to the losers bench

Thank you all for your warm wishes and congratulations! I woke up from surgery and felt great. No real nausea water is going down easy and the protein drink is easy as well. Only problem is taking pills. Made me throw up. Not enough water to get them down. So crushed or melted in water is how I am taking them. Laborious but it works.

Great update!

So happy to read the good news!

Trish1967 and Vaultgirl72 like this

Another update. Got the taking of pills solved. I can drink more at one sip than I had thought. So now I can take the pills. One an hour but that's a start! Still feeling really good overall. Some pain just below my sterum when I cough or breath deeply. I am not walking as much as I want but I am attached to monitors and the have to come with me. Such is my entourage! Hope everyone is doing great today!

That's great news Vaultgirl.  Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Congrats!  Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Great news and welcome to the losers bench!  :)

How are you doing @Vaultgirl72

@BurgundyBoy I'm a bit sore today. Still feeling good tho. I can easily drink water at any temperature and the Ensure Plus goes down without a hitch. Trying to get as much walking in a possible. I'm not meeting the water or protein goal today but I am doing my best! So far today I've had 25 oz of water and 24 oz of protein between naps and pills. The pills are the hardest part for me. I am to the point that I swallow them with out a problem 8 out of 10 times. I don't feel much nausea and the gas from surgery never really phased me. My two c-sections were harder on me than this surgery! It's a little hard to ride in a car as the bumps are painful in the area of my upper incision. Sometimes if I drink too much it bubbles back up a bit and then goes back down if I rest a moment. Today I discovered that bacon smells disgusting (which I love bacon lol) and A1 sauce is horrid.

So glad things are progressing so smoothly @Vaultgirl72!

Vaultgirl72 likes this

1 hour ago, Vaultgirl72 said:

@BurgundyBoy I'm a bit sore today. Still feeling good tho. I can easily drink water at any temperature and the Ensure Plus goes down without a hitch. Trying to get as much walking in a possible. I'm not meeting the water or protein goal today but I am doing my best! So far today I've had 25 oz of water and 24 oz of protein between naps and pills. The pills are the hardest part for me. I am to the point that I swallow them with out a problem 8 out of 10 times. I don't feel much nausea and the gas from surgery never really phased me. My two c-sections were harder on me than this surgery! It's a little hard to ride in a car as the bumps are painful in the area of my upper incision. Sometimes if I drink too much it bubbles back up a bit and then goes back down if I rest a moment. Today I discovered that bacon smells disgusting (which I love bacon lol) and A1 sauce is horrid.

My largest incision hurt me to cough or laugh (hard) for about 4 days.  Then suddenly it just doesn't hurt :)  I haven't been ok'd to swallow pills but it sounds like you are doing great!  Oh and frying ham smells just as horrid - just a heads up LOL

Vaultgirl72 and BurgundyBoy like this

2 hours ago, Vaultgirl72 said:

You're doing fine. Keep up with the fluids. It's still early and you are doing fine. Great sign you can walk. 

If you are lucky the Bacon Gods will abandon you only for a short period.

If you are very, very lucky you will be off fatty pork forever. <_< Here's to hoping your luck is good but not great in that regard. 

Vaultgirl72 and NerdyLady like this

1 hour ago, TammyP said:

My largest incision hurt me to cough or laugh (hard) for about 4 days.  Then suddenly it just doesn't hurt :)  I haven't been ok'd to swallow pills but it sounds like you are doing great!  Oh and frying ham smells just as horrid - just a heads up LOL

That's great. Life is better without having pain. Delighted you are doing well. I had one incision that would give me twinges out to about 2 weeks, but I never was really worried. Pain is normal, it is the human condition....

Great job on the pills! You may want a stuffed animal or pillow to hug when you cough, sneeze, or go over bumps in the car. You're doing great!

Vaultgirl72 likes this