Bald eagle 1996

Still losing hair 3 years after sleeve

I thought this hair loss was eventually going to stop. It seemed to slow down for a little while and even grew back a little but now I'm losing it again!!  I'm having to use toppik hair fibers to disguise the balding areas. My temples are almost bald and you can see thru my hair line. Has this happened to anyone else. I have slacked on my vitamins a little. This is killing me inside. It's destroying any self worth I have gained from the weight loss. The most I've seen hair loss last on this forum is 2 years. No one has reported hair loss after 2 yrs post op. Just looking for someone else who has experienced this. 

I would like to hear more on this as well, I've lost so much hair I have to either wear a wig or a cap. I ended up buzzing it off I was so frustrated with it. 

Keep in mind that there are other reasons for hair loss - it does not always have to be your surgery!

Although we are told to stick to low fat diets, intaking enough fat and protein is pretty important for your hair follicles, so take a look at your nutrition and make sure you're getting some in!

Alternatively, thyroid and other hormonal issues (testosterone and estrogen) play a huge part in hair loss. One of the first signs of my thyroid being a screw-up was the fact I had a bald patch on my head - as a female, and at the age of 28! There are also some autoimmune diseases that cause hair loss, as well as look at environmental - I can't tell you how many people wear a headset for hours a day and then wonder why they are getting bald spots across the top of their head :P

It's always wise to check in with your primary care doctor - a few blood tests can rule out a lot, and a referral to a dermatologist never hurts!