Jen581791

Changing bra sizes as the pounds drop

34 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

Thanks @Jen581791 but this time I'm just going to go to a lingerie place and pay for a proper fitting....don't know about elsewhere, but in Australia most places charge for fitting...the charge gets deducted from any purchase. They're trying to stop people getting a fitting then buying online instead of instore. My girls are the only small bit of me. I grew up listening to my meaner older sisters berating me with the line "what do you want, a medal or a chest to pin it on". They're swimming in a B cup at the moment....really embarrassing to be honest but I suspect much of that feeling is a throw back to my older, and very well endowed, sisters' teasing.

Hmm, that's an interesting way to get people to not get fitted in store and then buy online! Clever!

Sorry about your sisters - siblings can be merciless and they know just where to aim to achieve the greatest impact. Just get your girls looking their best in a nice bra, then, and remember that living well is the best revenge  B)

NerdyLady likes this

17 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Hmm, that's an interesting way to get people to not get fitted in store and then buy online! Clever!

Sorry about your sisters - siblings can be merciless and they know just where to aim to achieve the greatest impact. Just get your girls looking their best in a nice bra, then, and remember that living well is the best revenge  B)

Actually the best revenge was wearing shoestring strap dresses without any bulky bra straps showing on our exceedingly hot summer days. :) They couldn't get away without wearing a bra.

Not that I could anymore. The lose skin under my arms these days is worse than what's left of the sagging little girls, :(

Jen581791 and NerdyLady like this

Posted (edited)

On 6/24/2017 at 2:22 PM, Jen581791 said:

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately because over the past couple of weeks I've found that my old ones are not fitting me correctly.  Now they've been donated, and my solution for the moment is to go with a really stretchy space-age material sports bra like kind of thing that does happen to just barely fit me.  I think it's stretchy enough that it'll fit for the next few months, but I will need to buy some good ones that are actually fit to the right size and with underwires and stuff then. I'm about a 34G or H right now, which isn't supposed to fit into this brand, but it does. The brand is Knixwear. Not for long term or for everyone, but it's a stopgap for the moment. 

Y'all!!!

@Jen581791 is a lifesaver. About ten days ago, I went to a kid's birthday party and I did some sort of silly dance. My breasts yelled at me because they were jumping around, fairly unsupported. OWWWW. I bought a Knixwear bra based on Jen's recommendation and it arrived a few days ago. 

This bra is magic. It feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. This will last me the summer for sure, as it is a general size and not an actual cup size. I got the "padded" style because my boobs are a mess after nursing. The pads are basically thin shields that prevent your nipples from sticking out and are helpful.  I am a 40DD, with very broad shoulders/rib cage and I bought the largest size. I get the impression that a woman with Larger body mass than me could wear the largest size too. Jen was kind enough to give me a referral code and I got a discount! 

This isn't a shaping bra by any means but I am pleasantly surprised with how well my breasts look in this garment. My boobs have become droopy and in the Knixwear bra, they look pretty nice.  

I might have to get another bra because I never want to take this one off. :)

Edited by NerdyLady
Typo
Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

On 6/24/2017 at 9:35 AM, NerdyLady said:

I hate to make this about money, but I'm going to take it about money. :lol::D I'd like breast having people to give me their thoughts.

When is the right time to get a good quality bra? I'm trying to be budget conscious but I'm also concerned about my breast health. As we all know, a good bra can be pretty expensive. I'm a bit wary of spending a lot of money on a bra when it may not fit in a month or two. However, I want to feel better about my body. Have any of you thought about this? if so, can you give me some feedback?

Yesterday (July 6, 2017) Kohls online had a few bras for $10. The brands were well known normally priced at $40. All sizes were not available but I lucked out and got 2.

Jen581791, NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

@Jen581791...just thought you'd like to know...lol...I measured myself for the first time yesterday. I've lost 6" from my bust!! Aahhh!!!!! I guess your guide is going to be necessary a lot sooner than I thought, lmao :D Thanks for putting all of that hard work and research into this for us!!! :wub:

NerdyLady and Jen581791 like this

11 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

@Jen581791...just thought you'd like to know...lol...I measured myself for the first time yesterday. I've lost 6" from my bust!! Aahhh!!!!! I guess your guide is going to be necessary a lot sooner than I thought, lmao :D Thanks for putting all of that hard work and research into this for us!!! :wub:

That's so great! (Well, minus 6" in the bust for ME is great, I know that's not the case for everyone, but...) Let me know how the super complicated 5 measurements system goes when it's time to shop - I'm curious to see if it works. 

I ran into a few old bras in the storage unit the other day. Several were too big, but a couple work OK for the moment. They're from before I discovered how wrong I had been about my size all these years, so the band size is WAY too big but the cups are OK for now. Judging from that, I've gone down several cup and band sizes, which puts me at about the same letter, but probably 3 band sizes down, which is a lot smaller (thank goodness!). My shoulders and upper back will be thanking me.

NerdyLady likes this

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

That's so great! (Well, minus 6" in the bust for ME is great, I know that's not the case for everyone, but...) Let me know how the super complicated 5 measurements system goes when it's time to shop - I'm curious to see if it works. 

Oh trust me...it's a great thing!!! I will definitely let you know when the time comes, lol. I'm gonna hold off for a bit, because I paid $50 for this bra, and the cups still fit, so I'll deal with it being loose for a bit :) I bought my current bra before I even started my pre op diet, and it was way too tight. Then as I lost some weight, it fit just about perfect, and now it's loose. I lost 2" in the band size too, so happy dance time!!! None of my old bras will work unfortunately, so I'm down to one for now (hand washing and hanging it every night, ugh, lol)

oh and my back and shoulders...definitely thanking me!! It's so nice to take the bra off, and not have deep craters in my shoulders and still look like I'm wearing it!! Hahaha!!!

Edited by Trish1967
NerdyLady and Jen581791 like this

1 hour ago, Trish1967 said:

Oh trust me...it's a great thing!!! I will definitely let you know when the time comes, lol. I'm gonna hold off for a bit, because I paid $50 for this bra, and the cups still fit, so I'll deal with it being loose for a bit :) I bought my current bra before I even started my pre op diet, and it was way too tight. Then as I lost some weight, it fit just about perfect, and now it's loose. I lost 2" in the band size too, so happy dance time!!! None of my old bras will work unfortunately, so I'm down to one for now (hand washing and hanging it every night, ugh, lol)

oh and my back and shoulders...definitely thanking me!! It's so nice to take the bra off, and not have deep craters in my shoulders and still look like I'm wearing it!! Hahaha!!!

As best I can remember, I was wearing a 44D granny bra - now they rattle around in a 32 but they're long and mostly just skin so I wear a sports bra to keep them somewhat in place on my chest!  :lol:

Trish1967 likes this

21 minutes ago, cinwa said:

As best I can remember, I was wearing a 44D granny bra - now they rattle around in a 32 but they're long and mostly just skin so I wear a sports bra to keep them somewhat in place on my chest!  :lol:

I'm in a 46H right now...ugh...and yeah, it's pretty much a granny bra too, lol. They don't have a large assortment of "feminine" bras in my size. I think I'm gonna have to get a sports bra at some point too. My girls were already giving into gravity before my WLS, so I can only imagine the disaster I'm in for in the near future!! :lol:B)