Jennyfer Reyes

Tomorrow I go for surgery at 9:45am

72 posts in this topic

I'm really nervous. I was supposed to be on liquids only Saturday and today (Sunday) for tomorrow surgery. I cheated. I didnt over eat. But I ate like 5 French fries and and on accident I drunk two table spoons of red juice and today I ate a sugar free pudding and one slice of cheese.. I am going to tell my surgeon tomorrow but has anyone been thru this? 

Sally L likes this

Um, best to call your team really early or better tonight and specify exactly when on which day you at the french fries and cheese and pudding. The reasons for this are that your anesthetic risk goes up with anything in your stomach. Mostly likely it has moved out. They will not scrub the surgery - many people set to do the operation, operating room time is hard to get, you have a hospital bed booked, - unless it is necessary, but if they have to, it's for your own good. No reason to add risk. If you tell your surgical team right before the surgery, as opposed to as soon as possible, they just may have to cancel you instead of rescheduling you for the end of the day and moving someone else up by a slot. I would call now. 

Sally L and Michael_A like this

But the clinic isnt open right now. I can call the unit that I have to report to in the morning for surgery.. 

Sally L likes this

Just to set your mind at ease, my only mandate was to not eat after 10 pm the night before surgery. That's not to say you won't get bumped, just that you may not. Try to call in around 5 am so everyone's on the same page. No more self-sabotage.  It can be very dangerous at worst and keep you from losing weight at best. Here's to a smooth surgery tomorrow. Hugs.

Jennyfer Reyes and Sally L like this

Thanks gretta. I'm waiting on my surgeon to call me now. Good thing he is on call tonight. 

Sally L likes this

Keep us posted. Here's hoping all is well!

Sally L and Jennyfer Reyes like this

Thank u so much. :D I sure will keep posted. 

Sally L likes this

I didn't have a pre-op clear liquid diet before my WLS surgery either - just nothing after midnight.

Sally L likes this

Well I'm here. My doc said I should b fine. I'm a little nervous. 

Sally L, BurgundyBoy and CZJ like this

13 minutes ago, Jennyfer Reyes said:

Well I'm here. My doc said I should b fine. I'm a little nervous. 

Jennyfer,

In your profile, it shows your surgery date for tomorrow (6/6/2017).  Can you alter that or do you want me to do it?

Sally L likes this

Can u do it for me? That's would b nice. :D just got done speaking with the anesthesia doc. He said I should b fine. I was nervous about going under anesthesia . but I believe them. And I first and foremost put my trust in my lord. :D

CZJ and Sally L like this

Done!

See you on the losers bench Jennyfer!

Sally L likes this

Okay! Lol

Sally L likes this

Thinking of you! Can't wait for a post-op update!

Looking forward to hearing how you went on Jennyfer!!!!!!   Prayers for you!!

Good luck to you...Hope all went well !!

Hey everyone.. The surgery went well. I wanted to give you guys an update yesterday but I was in soooo much pain. Today I should be going home. I still have a lot of gas. Its painful. I been walking and it helps with my gas pain. I hope I start passing gas soon. Lol

tracyringo and Trish13 like this

You did it! The gas pain was the worst part of everything for me too. Someone said put your arms over your head a lot. Take pain medicine for the gas pain. Gas medicine does nothing for this kind of gas. Change positions often and walk walk walk. It took about 4 days for me to feel better. You WILL feel better. Hugs!

Welcome to the losers bench!

Keep up with the walking - it's the single best thing you can do for yourself right now - along with drinking of course.

Welcome to the losers bench! The beginning may be painful, but it's worth it :) Hang in there!

Thanks everyone! Just got homeabout a half hr ago. Still with some pain. And no passing gas. But I'll just keep walking it off. Can't wait till I start feeling better!  

Trish13, tracyringo and Jen581791 like this

Welcome home!

Sally L likes this

Glad to hear you are home and doing okay !

Sally L likes this

U guys I am not happy right now. I am like 5 sec away from calling the ambulance to go back to hospital. I can't deal with this pain. And I am not letting any gas out. And it hurts to walk. :(

Sally L likes this

My blood pressure had been sky high since surgery. Is this normal?

Sally L likes this