Sign in to follow this  
Trish13

Anyone from the Philadelphia area/Western Suburbs?

I was wondering if there is anyone from the Philadelphia, PA area - I am located in King of Prussia. Looking for some local buddies to help push, motivate me, learn from, and possibly meet up if we wanted. Old timers, goal met, post Op, newbie just starting - or anywhere in between would be great! I'm getting excited, my surgery date is coming up on July 11th.  Thanks!

Hi @Trish13! I'm near Atlantic City so not too, too far. I just started the 2 week pre-op restricted diet, which means surgery is soooo close! Yours is less than a month away - are you getting excited?

Hey @CurvyMermaid!!!! Thanks for responding - we are fairly close...that is great!  OMGOSH!!! I just noticed your surgery date - How excited are you?! Looks like you are up to bat first! What kind of diet do they have to you doing? I go on Monday morning for my Pre-Op appointment with the Dr, then in the afternoon to the program coordinator and NUT. My Dr requires a 2 weeks liquid only diet (shakes), but if your BMI is 50+ then you have to do 3 weeks - which I have to do. So, I believe I will start the liquid diet the next day (Tuesday). UGH....not looking forward to that at all, BUT, I know I need to do it so that I have an easier surgery and shrink that liver. ;)  My husbands birthday is the same day as my Dr appt, so I we will have one nice meal out and then it is off to the races! Excited, nervous, terrified, anxious, elated, all occur once every couple minutes for me right now, I believe. How about you  - any multiple feelings going on with the process now that you are close?

@Trish13 I sent you a message. My first ever message on TT! But I'm not sure if it went through or how you are notified. Still figuring out this forum thing....

@CurvyMermaid I did just get it. I sent you a reply back. I'm also getting the hang of it - especially on my phone..lol!