Trish1967

50 pounds down since start of pre op diet!

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm 50 pounds down, as of this morning, since I started my pre op diet. And 16.4 since surgery. I noticed a difference in a pic taken on Christmas (same weight as pre~pre op, lol), so I hesitantly decided to post a face shot. Please be kind, as I've been losing my hair by the handfuls since well before my thyroid surgery last year, so yeah. But here goes...

IMG_6300.JPG

Edited by Trish1967

Wow, Trish! That's a dramatic difference! 

Congrats on all your success so far :) Your determination and persistence are contagious.

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

That is outstanding Trish - it's definitely noticeable - your face is a lot slimmer.

Just out of interest.  Get a couple of bags, put them on your scales and load them up with anything you can find to bring the weight up to 50lb, pick them up and take them for a walk around the house or yard.  It really does bring home our achievements.

Cutie!

Trish1967 likes this

Really noticeable! Well done Trish!

Trish1967 likes this

You look great! That's some great motivation every time you look in the mirror :)

Trish1967 likes this

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Wow, Trish! That's a dramatic difference! 

Congrats on all your success so far :) Your determination and persistence are contagious.

Thank you, Jen!! I was really hesitant to post this...I hate pictures of myself. But this one isn't too bad :) I'm determined to keep going and see where this ride takes me!! 

Jen581791 likes this

Wow, wow, wow! Well done!

Trish1967 likes this

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

That is outstanding Trish - it's definitely noticeable - your face is a lot slimmer.

Just out of interest.  Get a couple of bags, put them on your scales and load them up with anything you can find to bring the weight up to 50lb, pick them up and take them for a walk around the house or yard.  It really does bring home our achievements.

Thank you, Cinwa! I like your idea...I may just try that!! I do like comparing my weight loss to how many gallons of milk I've lost, lol. They weigh 8 pounds each, and so far I've lost 6.25 gallons of milk :D

31 minutes ago, Carina said:

Cutie!

Aww! Thank you, Carina! :wub:

26 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Really noticeable! Well done Trish!

Thank you, BurgundyBoy! Thank goodness for pictures...I still can't really see it. I just thought since I've reached the 50 pound mark, I'd give it a shot :) 

19 minutes ago, delilas said:

You look great! That's some great motivation every time you look in the mirror :)

Thanks, delilas! I'm still trying to see it in the mirror, but apparently that's somewhat normal. Soon hopefully! :) 

11 minutes ago, Gretta said:

Wow, wow, wow! Well done!

Thank you, Gretta!!! :) Tomorrow is your big day...I'm so happy for you!! Please let me (us) know how you make out if you're feeling up to it! I'll be praying for you :wub:

2 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, BurgundyBoy! Thank goodness for pictures...I still can't really see it. I just thought since I've reached the 50 pound mark, I'd give it a shot :) 

I'm just shy of that mark after surgery (a bit more than that since January) => even the most reluctant of my colleagues to make any comments about a person's weight are telling me how great I look now. Something magic about that 50 number... gotta play the lottery now...

Trish13 and Trish1967 like this

I was well and truly at my goal (even a little in the underweight BMI category) and I still stood in front of the mirror wondering just who the heck was looking back at me.

Of course, I knew it was me but my brain had a bad time.  But side-by-side photos worked.

3 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, Gretta!!! :) Tomorrow is your big day...I'm so happy for you!! Please let me (us) know how you make out if you're feeling up to it! I'll be praying for you :wub:

Thank you SO much!

Trish1967 likes this

7 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I'm just shy of that mark after surgery (a bit more than that since January) => even the most reluctant of my colleagues to make any comments about a person's weight are telling me how great I look now. Something magic about that 50 number... gotta play the lottery now...

Hmmm...the lottery...hadn't thought about that! Lol :) I think there is something magic about that number! I bet you do look (and feel) fantastic! My son commented on the change when he came to visit last night, and he even commented on how I just get up out of my chair with ease, and with no assistance. That is something I hadn't even noticed I was doing! Just crazy...

11 minutes ago, cinwa said:

I was well and truly at my goal (even a little in the underweight BMI category) and I still stood in front of the mirror wondering just who the heck was looking back at me.

Of course, I knew it was me but my brain had a bad time.  But side-by-side photos worked.

I've heard so many people say that...do you ever truly see your new self the way you look after all the weight is gone? I've never had a good self body image (I weighed 160 when I graduated high school, and that is my current goal weight), and I thought I was fat back then when I wasn't. Below is a picture of me on my son's first birthday (1989) and I think I weighed 155...after having two kids. I've always thought I was fat. My therapist says it's going to take quite a while to accept and see the change. 

image.jpg

NerdyLady, Jen581791 and Trish13 like this

18 minutes ago, Gretta said:

Thank you SO much!

You're so very welcome!! I think I'm as excited for you as I was for myself!! :):):) 

Gretta likes this

1 hour ago, Trish1967 said:

You're so very welcome!! I think I'm as excited for you as I was for myself!! :):):) 

That makes me feel so supported! Hugs!

Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

Wow!!  Great job so far. :)

Wow big difference in the neck and chin also!!  Congratulations on the 50 lbs

18 hours ago, Gretta said:

That makes me feel so supported! Hugs!

You are supported!!! The best of luck today!!! Thinking of you :D:wub:

your day is finally here!!!!!

NerdyLady likes this

17 hours ago, Res Ipsa said: