sdgrrl

Who wants to play with us?

Marty is coming from Ohio to visit us on November 7. She would like to meet as many of us as possible and have some fun in "America's Finest City." We have come up with a general list of things to do, and anyone is invited to any and all of these events. Here is a tentative list of things she would like to do, dates are a little sketchy...

1. Attend the East County Support Group on Weds. Nov. 8. This is not so much a "social time" but more a way to see how we give such good support to each other. If you want to play, please come to the pot luck.

2. RainDear, help me out here! Rain has suggested a "Leather Pants Party" up in North County for Friday November 10. I look to Rain to fill out the details.

3. Major potluck at Donna's condo by SDSU. PM me for directions. This gig will be Saturday. Bring suits and towels if interested in the pool or hot tub. And please bring something to eat or drink to share. We'll start 3ish and go till we drop. (Just step over me, as I will be one of the earlier droppers.:o )

4. A day at the zoo. No visit is complete without one! Day not decided yet.

5. Lobster in Puerto Nuevo. This is tentative also, but Marty wants to go to Mexico, so......

6. Thrift shopping! No specific date, but let me know your favorite place for thrift shopping, we'll put it on the list, and we can all go get cool stuff!

7. Hangin by the pool. Whenever we don't have the energy for the stuff above. :cool:

8. Hangin' at the beach--we'll decide which one, most likely go down there with the RV, maybe have a bonfire somewhere. Date totally undecided.

Anyone on the forum is welcome to join us, you don't have to be a Callery/Potts kid to join. Let's keep the Weds night Support Group therapeutic, and if you want to meet her, join us at one of our outings! Also, if you want to suggest a fun thing to do or place to go, do so! Feel free to post suggestions or objections. I'm sorry that Saturday Nov. 10 is a potluck, but we're kind of short on dead presidents right now....people have told me they don't mind, they just want to party.

Thoughts, ideas, criticisms?:)

Count me in for the Wednesday support group absolutely! Also, the potluck on Saturday sounds awesome! Barring any unforseen scheduling issues I'll be there. Shall I bring black-eyed peas?! JK I'll see what wonderful high-protein, low-sugar, low-carb, low-fat recipe I can find for you losers!

Donna, honestly! No one expects one person to cater or provide for goodness-knows how many people! 99% of all functions I ever attend are potlucks! The 1% is my annual New Year's Day thing where I absolutely forbid anyone to bring anything because of the quirky traditions! Relax, we love you and want you to have the best time possible with the least amount of worry! Providing the venue is more enough.

Would you be putting some ham hocks in with those black eyed peas, Hunnychild? MMMMMMMM! I saw some canned ones at the store the other day (GASP--that's as bad as "instant grits"!) (courtesy of "My Cousin Vinny")...

Whatever you bring will be wonderful, especially because it means you will be there. I would love all of the sweet loving people who have meant so much to me over this past year to be my guests. I wish I was the Donald, or Oprah, so I could fly Duckie, Zen, the Lisas, Dr Dyann, Van, on and on and on. This forum is SO successful--I bet a lot of us wouldn't be able to do this without it. I don't think I could. Just think of all the questions we have on our journeys that we can get answered here and don't have to call our surgeons about. The information is more standardized here, too. We truly are a family, and everyone I have met is exceptional. Now I'm all verklempt....talk amongst yourselves....;)

Seriously, I have room for folks, and will call about getting the community room from officer Barney Phyfe, the HOA president for overflow. It's straight out of the 70's. But it has a kitchen and pretty much everything we would need. We just need to promise we will not stand on the railing and jump into the pool! Honestly, that's what the last group to rent the place did. That was probably back in the 80's.... And anyone who wants to steal anything from me can stay home too. That happened the last time I had a group of Sistahs over. She no longer shows her face on the board, and that's the best for all concerned. Just mentioning her name makes Michelles knuckles itch!

Who's up for this? Any ideas on what to bring so others can flesh out the eats? I'm pretty stoked. I used to love giving parties and haven't had a good one since I turned 50. So it's definitely time!!:D

Donna - I will definately be there on Saturday for the potluck! Can you pm me your address so I can get directions from waaaay up here in Lala land? Depending on how far south you are, I may stay down there overnight, but I have a time share I can get for the night that anyone else is welcome to crash at with me for the night...just let me know so i know how big a suite to reserve...

Thanks for hosting all of us, and especially Marty, Donna!!!

Nov 10 is on me!!

O.K., I am looking for some good bands and some fun hanging out.

Are we up for boogie nights or what???!!!

Nov 10 is on me!!

O.K., I am looking for some good bands and some fun hanging out.

Are we up for boogie nights or what???!!!

Oh God....I couldn't dance BEFORE I was frankenstein! :eek::D

Oh God....I couldn't dance BEFORE I was frankenstein! :eek::D

Would you prefer a different outing?

BTW how can you be frankestein, if I am???

I would love all of the sweet loving people who have meant so much to me over this past year to be my guests. I wish I was the Donald, or Oprah, so I could fly Duckie, Zen, the Lisas, Dr Dyann, Van, on and on and on. This forum is SO successful--I bet a lot of us wouldn't be able to do this without it. I don't think I could. Just think of all the questions we have on our journeys that we can get answered here and don't have to call our surgeons about. The information is more standardized here, too. We truly are a family, and everyone I have met is exceptional. Now I'm all verklempt....talk amongst yourselves....;)

Oh, MAN! I wish I could be there... Raise a toast to "absent friends," and we will be there in virtual spirit, if not bodily. I just sent my gastric bypass book proposal and first three chapters out to ten publishers yesterday, so when they produce the book, and it becomes a bestseller, I'll play the Trump card and fly everyone to meet somewhere sunny and warm, OK? :) Hey, if you're dreaming, dream BIG! And you are all more than family to me as well...I talk to y'all more, anyway...

I'll play the Trump card and fly everyone to meet somewhere sunny and warm, OK? :)

I'm gonna hold you to that when you are rich and famous! LOL I hope all of you think of us when you are out partying knowing we are with you in spirit, like Lisa said. I hope you guys have a GREAT TIME!!!!

Would you prefer a different outing?

BTW how can you be frankestein, if I am???

LOL....oh no.....I'd love to watch you'all in action...maybe I could learn something!! :D Someday my new body should learn afterall. Fat and uncoordinated was not a good mix......normal and uncoordinated....I might not care. :P

Oh, MAN! I wish I could be there... Raise a toast to "absent friends," and we will be there in virtual spirit, if not bodily. I just sent my gastric bypass book proposal and first three chapters out to ten publishers yesterday, so when they produce the book, and it becomes a bestseller, I'll play the Trump card and fly everyone to meet somewhere sunny and warm, OK? :) Hey, if you're dreaming, dream BIG! And you are all more than family to me as well...I talk to y'all more, anyway...

We're gonna miss you guys that live too far and can't come then.......We're going to have to take to the road like Oprah and Gale. :P

I will definitely be at the support group and the pot luck on Saturday! Donna my dear, could you please pm me the info??? I will most likely be bringing my shrimp/crab spread. I am so looking forward to meeting Marty and seeing all my other peeps!!! Woo hoo, come on down Whitney!

Support Group

Potluck Party

leather pants party?? Sounds like a hoot.

thrift store shopping, aww yeah! Spring Valley at DAV by the big red T!!! My fav place for clothes!

beach, of course, lets goto Torrey Pines or something... somewhere wher I can take my board! :) Kim too! I will let watergirl know all the details! (Me or Pam)

Cant wait to hug ya Marty!

Support Group

Potluck Party

leather pants party?? Sounds like a hoot.

thrift store shopping, aww yeah! Spring Valley at DAV by the big red T!!! My fav place for clothes!

beach, of course, lets goto Torrey Pines or something... somewhere wher I can take my board! :) Kim too! I will let watergirl know all the details! (Me or Pam)

Cant wait to hug ya Marty!

You have no idea how jazzed I am to meet everyone!

I will definitely be at the support group and the pot luck on Saturday! Donna my dear, could you please pm me the info??? I will most likely be bringing my shrimp/crab spread. I am so looking forward to meeting Marty and seeing all my other peeps!!! Woo hoo, come on down Whitney!

Cool Pam.......I can't wait.......just a few more weeks! :D

You have no idea how jazzed I am to meet everyone!

I hope we dont disappint :) lol Im joking, most the peeps here are cool. I'll let you know who the freaks are if they show up anywhere!!! Donna has an idea on some of the freaks, I prescreen 'em :)

I cant wait for pictures, pictures, pictures. I havent posted an updated one of me in over a YEAR!:eek:

I hope we dont disappint :) lol Im joking, most the peeps here are cool. I'll let you know who the freaks are if they show up anywhere!!! Donna has an idea on some of the freaks, I prescreen 'em :)

I cant wait for pictures, pictures, pictures. I havent posted an updated one of me in over a YEAR!:eek:

lol Bridget.....I'll remember to hone my "weirdar" before I leave for CA! I plan to take lots of pics. I'm going to have to make a cheat sheet to remember everyone! I wonder how many I will know just from the avatars? Most of us are not good about updating them.....and I never think mine look like me anyhow. Right now I look like I got in a cat fight and lost. :o

Come on Ryn!!!!! We can make that body/face exchange then! ;) But if you can't come, then some of us in this area need to meet.

I wish I could come. I am about to snap I am so stressed! Yeah we were talking about a midwest get together not too long ago... Lisa will be here or is here now.

I wish I could come. I am about to snap I am so stressed! Yeah we were talking about a midwest get together not too long ago... Lisa will be here or is here now.

I will definitely try to get into a get together if we can pull one off. But I coudn't have traveled yet.....although, I getting back to my punchy self now! Are you meeting Lisa?

I'll be there for the potluck (unless I'm recovering from surgery). I am so excited to meet everyone!:D

I hope I get to meet you, but I know how anxius you are for your surgery to finally come through! I hope it happens and soon!!!