Carina

What clothing have you retired today/this week/this month?

I thought this might be a fun group topic! The focus is on clothes/measurements, not on the scale number.

Name the clothes you decided were just too baggy, out of shape, whatever. If there's a special story about them, add that! Photos might be fun, too.

I'll start: this week I retired:

• two pairs of black jeans 
  • one pair of black cotton pants
  • one nightgown

No real stories here, but I had to go shopping because all the pants I have left are made of sturdy fabric, and it just got hot here! So I got a pair of linen ones. Also treated myself to a sundress. :-)

Edited by Carina

Great idea for a topic!

Give me about 3 more months and I will be thrilled to show you the clothing I'm banishing from my life!!!!!   :lol:

We will be here!!

I haven't retired anything yet, but I'm wearing one of my smaller tops and a smaller pair of pants that I saved from when I was at a lower weight :) My current clothing is getting very loose on me though, lol. I did, however, get my wedding rings on!! And they're comfortable!! 

image.jpg

Edited by Trish1967

How exciting to be wearing your rings again!

Fun topic @Carina!

Maybe this thread will GENTLY ENCOURAGE me to get rid of some things. I have quite a lot of baggy stuff that I'm hanging onto because I don't have anywhere to be that calls for nice clothes right now (I'm at the beach and don't know anyone around here). I'm waiting for summer when I will have to start accumulating new work clothes for the impending new job that starts in August.

I had to retire a size 24wide pants they literally were falling off of my bottom. Best feeling ever.  

I forgot to say: the things I bought were 1-2 sizes smaller. B)

2 hours ago, Carina said:

I forgot to say: the things I bought were 1-2 sizes smaller. B)

Nice :):):) That's so exciting!! Congrats!

11 hours ago, Hotmamatime said:

I had to retire a size 24wide pants they literally were falling off of my bottom. Best feeling ever.  

You don't want your naked tushy hanging out there!! Lol :) congrats!!

11 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Maybe this thread will GENTLY ENCOURAGE me to get rid of some things. I have quite a lot of baggy stuff that I'm hanging onto because I don't have anywhere to be that calls for nice clothes right now (I'm at the beach and don't know anyone around here). I'm waiting for summer when I will have to start accumulating new work clothes for the impending new job that starts in August.

That's smart...even if your clothes are baggy, if you can still wear them, the longer the better. The less money you have to spend on transition clothing, the better! The work clothes might end up costing you some $$ though. 

13 hours ago, Gretta said:

How exciting to be wearing your rings again!

Fun topic @Carina!

It is exciting!! I didn't expect to get them on, without a fight (lol), for another 30 pounds or so. But I haven't been retaining ANY water in my hands for over a week now, maybe two. I just thought I'd try them. I was thrilled :) 

13 hours ago, Carina said:

I thought this might be a fun group topic! The focus is on clothes/measurements, not on the scale number.

Name the clothes you decided were just too baggy, out of shape, whatever. If there's a special story about them, add that! Photos might be fun, too.

• one nightgown

No real stories here, but I had to go shopping because all the pants I have left are made of sturdy fabric, and it just got hot here! So I got a pair of linen ones. Also treated myself to a sundress. :-)

This is an awesome thread, Carina! Love it :wub:

Three big bags of clothes this week. One bag went to a friend who had been eyeing off some jumpers and track pants that she could see were getting really baggy on me. One bag of suitable for work clothes that I'll give to my sister when she visits this week. Plus one bag that went into the goodwill bin. There were also some older leggings that just went in the garbage tonight. I still have some very large jumpers etc that are too big that I'll be getting rid of this week, but for some reason I seem to be attached to them. Thought I'd actually try them on tomorrow (first time this winter) so I can see how stupid they look on. Then I should be able to put them in the donation box. I've decided to keep all my old jeans and cut them up to use the fabric for something else. I won't get around to it.......but I've never managed to get my head around throwing out jeans.

2 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

That's smart...even if your clothes are baggy, if you can still wear them, the longer the better. The less money you have to spend on transition clothing, the better! The work clothes might end up costing you some $$ though. 

Yeah, I've got a lot of knit dresses I wear with leggings, so they're pretty forgiving (as they were in the process of gaining - very strategic! Oops). Work clothes won't be too terrible since I'm a teacher, but yeah, it'll be an expense. One I'm glad to be facing!!!

I loved dropping clothing sizes and as most of what I wore came from Goodwill and the like (except for undies, bras and socks), I simply donated them back.

Keep a starting pair of pants!  See if you can fit into one leg when you reach goal.  Also nice to pull out old clothes and see how far you've come;). I've kept the jeans and shirt I went to the hospital in. I've also kept my xxl tshirts for night shirt-I like loose and they definately fit the bill!

Edited by Cheesehead

1 minute ago, Cheesehead said:

Keep a starting pair of pants!  See if you can fit into one leg when you reach goal.  Also nice to pull out old clothes and see how far you've come;)

Yes!

19 hours ago, Carina said:

• one nightgown

I have a bunch of nice wool slacks that are SOOOO very big now. Yesterday I put on one of my favorite jackets... I'm so much smaller it is like a double-breasted jacket now! See if I can snap a photo this afternoon. 

Wore my new linen pants to a meeting today, with a top that used to be kind of snug and is now almost too big. I felt like I was really something, lol. :D

2 hours ago, Carina said:

Wore my new linen pants to a meeting today, with a top that used to be kind of snug and is now almost too big. I felt like I was really something, lol. :D

I wore a top yesterday that I haven't worn for ages because I didn't like how it looked on. Yesterday though it looked really good and quite slimming. I'm coming to the conclusion that some of my clothes were actually too small before, despite supposedly being the correct size for me when bought. Only seems to work for tops though as my old jeans/jeggings these days look like jodhpurs.

I have gone down to a size small/medium in shirts, 8/10 in dresses, and 8,10 in pants. Previously I was 3xl in shirts, 24 in dresses, and 24 in pants. 

In total I have given away 8 garbage bags full of clothes, to co-workers and friends. I posted on facebook, and the requests just kept coming in. The hardest thing has been to give away my dresses, which I still have and I have not decided if I am going to attempt to tailor them or not. I literally fit into one of my old pant legs.

I have noticed that I have a slight shopping problem, and my shoe size has recently shrank so that's going to get interesting. Thankfully I rarely buy anything new and thrift stores are more than accommodating. 

I did however try on size 10 capris the other day and they were too large. It's odd, surreal, and amazing to go clothes shopping now. 

Yesterday I gave 2 pairs of size 5/6 capris to my daughter.  I really liked them but couldn't keep them up..my shorts are all 2 or 4's.  

Trish, be careful with your rings!  You will be losing way more!  I had my wedding ring fly off at the grocery store when I was bagging my groceries.  It was a patterned floor and hard to find my ring on it.  

Over the last couple of weeks i have officially retired all my size 24/26 pants and tops. I am between a size 18/20 depending on where i shop brand etc. It is exciting because i havent seen this size since my freshman year of high school