Mommy Redmond

2 Weeks away

4 posts in this topic

I am having my stomach and arm skin removed in 2 weeks.  I am super excited but extremely nervous.  Has anyone has both surgeries at the same time?  Suggestions?  Sleeping?  How long were you out of work?  I have about 1lb of skin from each arm and around 4 to 6 pounds off my stomach.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Posted (edited)

Hi there. I had both surgeries last year.  To answer your questions: I would suggest doing whatever exercise you can to strengthen your stomach and arm muscles in advance. It isn't mandatory but will improve your experience and results. Also, if you do the surgery and then gain too much weight while you recover you will be disappointed with the stomach results.. just a warning. And it will take time and effort to really get a bikini stomach  if that is your dream. It is definitely not a "quick fix".

I was out of work for 3 weeks due to the recovery of the stomach incisions and muscles, but did not have any complications at all.  I was actually surprised at how fast I recovered from such a large incision.  And by the way, you can use your arm right away after surgery, but it is just uncomfortable for a while. Once annoyance was wearing a girdle for quite a long time, but I highly recommended not ditching it too soon and possibly buying one or two in advance of the surgery.

Keep in mind that you will lose some feeling in the pelvic area for a long time, or even forever.  It doesn't bother me now, but for a while it was a strange sensation.

Last suggestion, make sure you fully understand where the incisions will be made (my arm incisions and remaining scar are quite hidden from view which was nice) and listen to the after care directions from the doctor to ensure you have less scarring.  

Good luck!!

Edited by staraflur
TRK, kisten1210 and delilas like this

I'm having plastics done in 2 weeks!  I'm with you!  Not arms though!  Can't wait for your progress!

I had both at the same time. Arms were bruised but not painful it was really the tummy tuck I felt. 3 to 4 weeks of healing time but I wasn't working at the time