KrisNH

New here, not so new though ;)

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but almost 9 years out RNY.  I am 42 years old and consider myself a "success". However it's been a bumpy road! I had regain of about 25 to 30 lbs, thank God it's coming off now.

More than anything i was struggling with fatigue, depression and some medical issues with some anemia.  I think that all greatly contributed to my regain. Has anyone struggled with some of this? 

I don't have a network of GBP friends so I thought reaching out here might be good for support and ideas. 

Doing lots of reading to start but thought I would chime in a bit! :)

Welcome!  Remember that your gastric bypass is a permanent weight loss tool built into your body, so if you stick to the post-op diet (high in lean protein and low in carbs and calories) you can lose the excess weight and get back to your goal weight.

Be sure that you take your vitamins every day as some of the symptoms that you describe can be evidence of vitamin deficiencies  

We are here to support you! :)

KrisNH likes this

Welcome to Thinner Times Kris!

KrisNH likes this

4 hours ago, KrisNH said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but almost 9 years out RNY.  I am 42 years old and consider myself a "success". However it's been a bumpy road! I had regain of about 25 to 30 lbs, thank God it's coming off now.

More than anything i was struggling with fatigue, depression and some medical issues with some anemia.  I think that all greatly contributed to my regain. Has anyone struggled with some of this? 

I don't have a network of GBP friends so I thought reaching out here might be good for support and ideas. 

Doing lots of reading to start but thought I would chime in a bit! :)

Your intro - hello! - reminds me that WLS just changes your stomach size, and not the other parts of our lives. But I'm a newbie, only 8 weeks out, and am untested compared with you. Congrats on maintaining such a healthy weight over nearly 9 years!

KrisNH likes this

Welcome, Kris!

KrisNH likes this