Zyia

Goal Weight - Woo hoo!! (Before's and After)

22 posts in this topic

So, as of this morning, I am officially 159lbs!! I've reached my goal weight, of 160lbs. I'm posting some of my before's and after's..

So at my highest weight, I was 292lbs.. Surgery Date I was 284lbs. I had surgery on August 1st of 2016, and I credit it has being one of the biggest and best decisions of my adult life. I am thrilled, my health is better, I am off my medications, I sleep well, and I can be active with my children. Regardless! 

Facial Changes in losing 130lbs : 

cD4eQvS.jpg

Body Changes in losing 130lbs : 

o0uwaLw.jpg

And a bonus - Wow look at my arms before! Yikes! (This is my gorgeous husband that has stood beside me for 15+ years, through this journey, three kids, and still took the time to draw a bath for me today, he's awesome) : 

kClyEnV.jpg

And one more, Me at work : 

pDeFKLU.jpg

Congrats! What an amazing transformation!

Zyia likes this

Congratulations on a job well done! You look fantastic and happy. Loving that red coat!

Zyia likes this

Wow. I am so very very impressed. :) Now you need to maintain at your goal weight. We are here to support you. 

Zyia likes this

Beautiful!

Zyia likes this

Fantastic, you look wonderful!

Zyia likes this

Zyia, truly remarkable. Congratulations for a spectacular effort, you're an inspiration. 

Zyia likes this

Congratulations; really stunning work! I can't even imagine what "being at goal weight" is like, and you're living it!

Zyia likes this

Amazing transformation! Congratulations!

Zyia likes this

11 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Zyia, truly remarkable. Congratulations for a spectacular effort, you're an inspiration. 

So you are at your goal weight, have a great family, a flock of kids... and from another post of yours, the owner of 26,000 books? I got that right, not 2600?

Quite the set of accomplishments and relationships. 

Zyia likes this

Thank you all so much! 

7 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

So you are at your goal weight, have a great family, a flock of kids... and from another post of yours, the owner of 26,000 books? I got that right, not 2600?

Quite the set of accomplishments and relationships. 

Ha!, I am a nut, I read a lot. In our home, my husband had to put PVC pipe under our book shelves (We have 6+ bookcases) because they were bowing due to the weight. However, I haven't read all 26,000+ but a few years back I downloaded the entire amazon kindle library, so I have a lot of books to choose from. In my google drive I have them all separated by genre, then sub genres and I take requests for the people I've added. I've probably personally read in the network of 5,000+ books. I read, a lot. It was kind of cool the other day, I went to the thrift store and they were having a "fill a bag with books for a dollar" sale, so I filled up a bag with probably 30 books mostly for my kids, and when I got home I laid the books on the kitchen table, and watched as my kids grabbed the books I thought they would exclaiming "mine", similar to the squawking seagulls from Finding Nemo. 

ikantspel, LeeC, Khaleesi and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, Zyia said:

Thank you all so much! 

Ha!, I am a nut, I read a lot. In our home, my husband had to put PVC pipe under our book shelves (We have 6+ bookcases) because they were bowing due to the weight. However, I haven't read all 26,000+ but a few years back I downloaded the entire amazon kindle library, so I have a lot of books to choose from. In my google drive I have them all separated by genre, then sub genres and I take requests for the people I've added. I've probably personally read in the network of 5,000+ books. I read, a lot. It was kind of cool the other day, I went to the thrift store and they were having a "fill a bag with books for a dollar" sale, so I filled up a bag with probably 30 books mostly for my kids, and when I got home I laid the books on the kitchen table, and watched as my kids grabbed the books I thought they would exclaiming "mine", similar to the squawking seagulls from Finding Nemo. 

The habit of reading - having parents who read - is so important. Good for you to be such a good example for the kids.

Khaleesi and Zyia like this

I have truly never heard of someone downloading the entire Kindle library! 

Khaleesi and Zyia like this

Zyia, now that you are at goal... can we ask how you perceive how your work environment has changed? Lots of postings about this topic recently. Prompted to ask because you posted a work photo, which tickled my brain to ask. 

Zyia likes this

Apologies Zia!  How did I miss this!

That's truly, one of the most amazing transformations I've seen on this forum.  Kudos to you - you've done a fantastic job.

Zyia likes this

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Zyia, now that you are at goal... can we ask how you perceive how your work environment has changed? Lots of postings about this topic recently. Prompted to ask because you posted a work photo, which tickled my brain to ask. 

So small backstory on Kimberly. Years and years ago, I went to school, and I got a degree in anthropology. Then along came my son, and two more children, and a cross country move, and for 13 years I was a stay at home mom. It's incredibly hard to find a job when your work experience is from a decade prior. So, I have this major thing I am doing, surgery, and I am making the appointments, and running around doing the leg work, and my husband jokes that once our youngest goes into school I can get a job, so I figured why not and I applied. Well, I ended up getting hired, which I actually really love my job, I get paid 12.50$ an hour to stand around and talk with people. However, my start date was August 1st, and if you look to the left my surgery was August 1st. So, I had to explain to them that I couldn't start on the 1st, I'd have to start later. So I officially went to work August 19th. Three weeks after my surgery. 

So, when I came to work I had weight restrictions in what I could lift, and I work in electronics (which is perfect for me as I build computers, and I am a huge gamer, and I work as an IT system admin for an online store), which require a lot of lifting. So I was really open with my co-workers, and explained that I had this surgery, and a restriction, etc.. 

ALL of my co-workers have been really supportive. When I first came to work, they would ask me how it's going, how much I've lost, and understanding of why I couldn't eat certain foods. I have had three co-workers that have had the surgery done, two have succeeded, one had failed (she is the one that keeps telling me how I could cheat on my diet, I told her I didn't do this drastic thing to my body to cheat, but thank you for offering - though more tactful), and one who's husband had the surgery done and lost 200+lbs and has maintained for a decade, and a handful of people interested, so I've sent them my surgeons office card. 

I posted this post, the pictures, to facebook, and here were the responses : 

ClInPKa.png

Dorothy is my direct manager. I've had nothing but love, and acceptance from my co-workers, and it's been fantastic, everyone has been supportive, and excited for me. One of the girls I work with was very excited about when I switched my vest from a 2xl to a medium, for a while when I was dropping sizes I'd come in and be asked what size I am now, and high-fived on it. I've actually never been in an atmosphere where all of the women I work with have been truly supportive. One of store managers, whom everyone is afraid of, made a comment to people that I am "doing it right", by not cheating, and moving around, that she's had friends that have failed at it, but since I've changed my diet, it was the way to go. Regardless, I am very very open about my surgery, and about why I had it done. I cannot fathom not being able to talk about it, it was a major life event, and I have had no one be rude to me. I've even had customers ask me about it, I had one lady who had the same surgery done by the same surgeon, she's failed and put on weight, but she was excited to talk with me about it also (Course she had hers done 20+ years ago). 

I realise that the stigma is from people to say "Oh you've cheated" by doing the surgery, but I really have had no one say that to me, all of my responses and talk has been very positive, and I hover the middle road, by being able to talk with my overweight co-workers, and my thin co-workers and understand where both are coming from, it's great to be able to listen to people's stories. 

26 minutes ago, Zyia said:

So small backstory on Kimberly. Years and years ago, I went to school, and I got a degree in anthropology. Then along came my son, and two more children, and a cross country move, and for 13 years I was a stay at home mom. It's incredibly hard to find a job when your work experience is from a decade prior. So, I have this major thing I am doing, surgery, and I am making the appointments, and running around doing the leg work, and my husband jokes that once our youngest goes into school I can get a job, so I figured why not and I applied. Well, I ended up getting hired, which I actually really love my job, I get paid 12.50$ an hour to stand around and talk with people. However, my start date was August 1st, and if you look to the left my surgery was August 1st. So, I had to explain to them that I couldn't start on the 1st, I'd have to start later. So I officially went to work August 19th. Three weeks after my surgery. 

So, when I came to work I had weight restrictions in what I could lift, and I work in electronics (which is perfect for me as I build computers, and I am a huge gamer, and I work as an IT system admin for an online store), which require a lot of lifting. So I was really open with my co-workers, and explained that I had this surgery, and a restriction, etc.. 

ALL of my co-workers have been really supportive. When I first came to work, they would ask me how it's going, how much I've lost, and understanding of why I couldn't eat certain foods. I have had three co-workers that have had the surgery done, two have succeeded, one had failed (she is the one that keeps telling me how I could cheat on my diet, I told her I didn't do this drastic thing to my body to cheat, but thank you for offering - though more tactful), and one who's husband had the surgery done and lost 200+lbs and has maintained for a decade, and a handful of people interested, so I've sent them my surgeons office card. 

I posted this post, the pictures, to facebook, and here were the responses : 

ClInPKa.png

Dorothy is my direct manager. I've had nothing but love, and acceptance from my co-workers, and it's been fantastic, everyone has been supportive, and excited for me. One of the girls I work with was very excited about when I switched my vest from a 2xl to a medium, for a while when I was dropping sizes I'd come in and be asked what size I am now, and high-fived on it. I've actually never been in an atmosphere where all of the women I work with have been truly supportive. One of store managers, whom everyone is afraid of, made a comment to people that I am "doing it right", by not cheating, and moving around, that she's had friends that have failed at it, but since I've changed my diet, it was the way to go. Regardless, I am very very open about my surgery, and about why I had it done. I cannot fathom not being able to talk about it, it was a major life event, and I have had no one be rude to me. I've even had customers ask me about it, I had one lady who had the same surgery done by the same surgeon, she's failed and put on weight, but she was excited to talk with me about it also (Course she had hers done 20+ years ago). 

I realise that the stigma is from people to say "Oh you've cheated" by doing the surgery, but I really have had no one say that to me, all of my responses and talk has been very positive, and I hover the middle road, by being able to talk with my overweight co-workers, and my thin co-workers and understand where both are coming from, it's great to be able to listen to people's stories. 

Zyia, that's great. Good to hear the good stories as well as the bad. 

Zyia likes this

... and the page comments are great.

Zyia likes this

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!!!! So exciting. You are really inspiring and I wish you great success in the maintenance phase. 

I'm happy to hear how supportive your coworkers have been, too. What a great environment. 

Zyia likes this

Congrats on hitting goal weight in 10 months !!!!

Zyia likes this

Congratulations Ziya, you look great! Love your cat pin! :wub:

Zyia likes this

You look great! Congratulations!

Zyia likes this