Moving forward

To bigger bite

12 posts in this topic

Hi I totally lost my mind today whilst in a rush to get to a meeting I took a big bite of chicken I realized my error instantly I had a sharp pain in my chest and intergestion was long to follow.

I am concerned the chicken will not be able to pass to my intestine?

In a panic when I got home I browsed the Web and was confronted with comments and articles that scared me more.

Obviously another error on my behalf why didn't I post my concern here first where I will gain honest support and genuine insight.

NerdyLady and LeeC like this

I've read advice here to take papaya enzyme to help break down meats when concerned something may be stuck.

1 hour ago, Gretta said:

I've read advice here to take papaya enzyme to help break down meats when concerned something may be stuck.

Thank you for your reply I rushed to the chemist but the pharmacist advised papaya enzyme is not available in Australia.

I will do some research tomorrow to see if she is correct.

Papain, the active ingredient (an enzyme) in papaya, is often sold as meat tenderizer in the US. Perhaps it is available under the name papain. 

If you pain has passed then the chicken has probably broken up. 

9 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Papain, the active ingredient (an enzyme) in papaya, is often sold as meat tenderizer in the US. Perhaps it is available under the name papain. 

If you pain has passed then the chicken has probably broken up. 

Thanks BurgundyBoy 

The pain has subsided I will research Papain.

NerdyLady likes this

Moving forward, I lose my mind constantly. It's good that it knows its way home. 

On a more serious note, I find that when I rush, my old habits of eating are still there. I'm trying to construct new ones and to have put packaged amounts of acceptable foods into my work environment. Every time I make a mistake I try to think of how it has been a learning opportunity. 

Moving forward, LeeC and NerdyLady like this

@movingforward Who among us hasn't made that mistake? I had a tendency to gobble my food down in my "old life". Be kind to yourself. If you are feeling a bit better, chances are you didn't do any harm. Think of this experience as a reminder to chew, chew, chew! :wub:

I can vouch for papaya enzyme. It's fantastic!

13 hours ago, Moving forward said:

Thank you for your reply I rushed to the chemist but the pharmacist advised papaya enzyme is not available in Australia.

I will do some research tomorrow to see if she is correct.

I bought some at a health food chain called GoVita in South Australia. Just because a chemist doesn't stock stuff doesn't mean other stores don't.

NerdyLady likes this

2 hours ago, Aussie H said:

I bought some at a health food chain called GoVita in South Australia. Just because a chemist doesn't stock stuff doesn't mean other stores don't.

Correct Aussie H just because I was advised it's not a available in Australia doesn't mean the information offered is correct that's why I posted I will research further.

I have found it to be available at health food shop.

Regards

Glad you found it!

If something doesn't agree with me I pop 2 of the papaya enzymes.  For some it works, for some it doesn't.  But there isn't anything harmful in them...