ThinnerMe88

Just a few days Out **HELP**

8 posts in this topic

I was sleeved a few days ago.. I had what I now think a very heavy, dense Broth/soup. This morning my stomachs been hard. It feels like I'm walking around carrying a rock for a stomach. When I move it moves. It's very uncomfortable. I had WLS in Mexico which is why I cant just ask my doctor. Has anybody else experienced this? Could I have unstitched something? 

If your stomach is hard, then it's full.....you haven't unstitched anything, but after a sleeve the stomach tissue remaining has very little elasticity. You might have to white knuckle this for a couple of hours before the pain/discomfort eases. If it doesn't go away in a few hours then you probably do need to seek medical help. Personally I'd give it some time though.

Poor you! Sympathy.

Unstitching seems unlikely with a soup, even if it was as thick as a stew. You've probably overwhelmed your poor, recovering, stiff stomach and it will have to process what you put in although it's not really in any shape to do it. Uncomfortable is uncomfortable, but unstitching is often a medical catastrophe and often you'd be in agony and in an ambulance by now. Honest. Fever and problems breathing are common too. Nobody can diagnose you over the web but... being uncomfortable is the hallmark of just overwhelming your remnant stomach. It needs a lot more time, weeks and weeks, to fully heal. 

You're in good company. Seems like everyone steps over the line early on. Being cleared to advance doesn't mean your body agrees to being advanced, it just means your surgeon has noted that you have done ok with the prior step and you can try more "advanced" food. Everyone is different and your pace is your pace. For what it is worth, the first time I really overloaded myself I thought I was having a heart attack from all the chest pain. If this happens a few times, you will be quite averse to overloading the stomach. At 8 weeks I can eat soft solid food but not stuff that doesn't break apart easily.

Echo Aussie H's comments about tincture of time. Would add that if you develop vomiting and can't keep any fluids down you need to visit the local ER ... you have to be able to keep fluids down to stay hydrated. 

Good luck, let us know how you do. Sorry you have to go through this but most people do. 

The first week or two after surgery can be rough. Hang in there as it gets better.  See your US doctor if it gets worse or if you are really worried.

As your Mexican clinic may not have given you great information on your post op diet and vitamin needs, this guide from one of the best hospitals in Boston may be helpful. Note that most US weight loss surgeons have the same post op diet and vitamin suggestions for both their sleeve and gastric bypass patients.

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

We are here to support you. 

Hope you're feeling better ThinnerMe and can give us an update when you can. *hugs*

Trish1967 and ThinnerMe88 like this

22 hours ago, ThinnerMe88 said:

I was sleeved a few days ago.. I had what I now think a very heavy, dense Broth/soup. This morning my stomachs been hard. It feels like I'm walking around carrying a rock for a stomach. When I move it moves. It's very uncomfortable. I had WLS in Mexico which is why I cant just ask my doctor. Has anybody else experienced this? Could I have unstitched something? 

Hi ThinnerMe88, 

How are you doing? 

ThinnerMe88 and Trish1967 like this

Oh Wow. I'm extremely Thanfull for everyone that took the time to reply. Thank you so much for the information  and good wishes. I am now back to my “Normal” self considering..lol The pain went away, my tummy just needed time. Thank God. Lesson learned though. This whole time I've been taking things so lightly, I forget what my body just went thru. 

Again. Thank you guys. ❤️

& Res Ipsa i will be reading that article.

Res Ipsa likes this

Dear ThinnerMe88, you'll become the world's best expert... on your own body and what it can really take in, and have experiences and insights that can help others too.  

Res Ipsa and ThinnerMe88 like this