Trish1967

Hello from the losers bench!

111 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Trish1967, the ones where they stuff the chips in their pouch should be archived... as examples of how STUPID you can be. (Well, to be more kind, how misguided one can be, and how one can undercut all of one's hard work). Right up there with the Dream Whip Lady (shudder).

My favorite was the guy who ate bags of Cheetos all day after surgery and complained the SURGERY didn't work. 

My surgeon told me a story of a woman he operated on who went back to her hotel and ordered pizza the day she got out. Ended up causing all kinds of problems and had to go back in for an additional operation and spent a whole week in hospital from the damage she did! Yikes! Wonder where she is now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

My surgeon told me a story of a woman he operated on who went back to her hotel and ordered pizza the day she got out. Ended up causing all kinds of problems and had to go back in for an additional operation and spent a whole week in hospital from the damage she did! Yikes! Wonder where she is now...

How did she even get a pizza down her throat? I'm six weeks out and I can barely fit in four oz of fish!

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it wrong that I want to see a horror story/dumb *** thread?

Trish1967 and Havamal like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

How did she even get a pizza down her throat? I'm six weeks out and I can barely fit in four oz of fish!

I know!!!! Maybe it's just something my surgeon made up to scare me, I don't know. I can't IMAGINE.

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

I have the X-Rays from my surgery and I haven't had the heart to look at them. Hee hee.

Lol :) I'm fascinated by all of this stuff...I've seen videos of a couple of my surgeries.

 

 

Edited by Trish1967
NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

My surgeon told me a story of a woman he operated on who went back to her hotel and ordered pizza the day she got out. Ended up causing all kinds of problems and had to go back in for an additional operation and spent a whole week in hospital from the damage she did! Yikes! Wonder where she is now...

I was told that same story...but it was a man, not a woman in my story, lol

NerdyLady and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

I was told that same story...but it was a man, not a woman in my story, lol

Am sure there have been zillions  of people who tried to eat pizza the day after surgery. It's human nature.

Trish1967, how are you doing today?

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Am sure there have been zillions  of people who tried to eat pizza the day after surgery. It's human nature.

Trish1967, how are you doing today?

Oh man...I can't even imagine doing that! Or even WANTING to do that! I'm barely getting my 64 ounces in and 3 ounces of protein drink a day yet. I'm doing very well today, thank you for asking! The only issue I'm having, which I'm sure is totally normal, is belly bloat. I started taking the gas-x, and I'm walking a lot, burping and passing gas. But my belly is pretty puffy. Doesn't hurt, just a little discomfort.

 

NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

Is it wrong that I want to see a horror story/dumb *** thread?

I don't think it's wrong to want to see that...YouTube is full of them. Just type in weight loss surgery failure. Tons of people will blame the surgery in one breath, and tell you how much food they can eat in one sitting in the next breath. I watched tons of success and failure videos pre op, and the one thing most of the failure videos have in common is the fact that each of those people KNOW how much food they can stuff in their pouches/sleeves. Like earlier posts...a whole pizza? If you are following your doctors regime, how could you possibly know that you can eat an entire pizza...right?

NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I'm kind of squeamish, kind of not. I'm super curious about your pictures but am not sure I can handle them!

No worries, I would never post them for everyone to see, lol...if you ever decide you want to see them, I'll share with you privately :) 

NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Is it wrong that I want to see a horror story/dumb *** thread?

There was a user here a few years back, only posted a few times. But at one week post-op he said he just wanted to scarf down some pizza and "test his limits", lol. There are a few of the "tough love" users still here, that were more active back then and really gave this person their opinions. It was shocking/humorous.

Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I'm kind of squeamish, kind of not. I'm super curious about your pictures but am not sure I can handle them!

My surgery was one of those unique enough jobs, and done in a major teaching/research hospital, it's likely to end up a published medical journal article. I'm sure that's why I had the two surgeons I did and also why they persevered laprascopically. My surgeon has a lot of procedural publications to his name, many co-authored by the second surgeon involved in my surgery. I'll likely try to get access to that if it happens and file that away for prosperity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

My surgery was one of those unique enough jobs, and done in a major teaching/research hospital, it's likely to end up a published medical journal article. I'm sure that's why I had the two surgeons I did and also why they persevered laprascopically. My surgeon has a lot of procedural publications to his name, many co-authored by the second surgeon involved in my surgery. I'll likely try to get access to that if it happens and file that away for prosperity.

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard! I'm a research nerd who thrives off of this stuff. Let us know when the procedure is published!

BurgundyBoy and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

I don't think it's wrong to want to see that...YouTube is full of them. Just type in weight loss surgery failure. Tons of people will blame the surgery in one breath, and tell you how much food they can eat in one sitting in the next breath. I watched tons of success and failure videos pre op, and the one thing most of the failure videos have in common is the fact that each of those people KNOW how much food they can stuff in their pouches/sleeves. Like earlier posts...a whole pizza? If you are following your doctors regime, how could you possibly know that you can eat an entire pizza...right?

I saw links to failure videos but I didn't watch them because I didn't want to lose the courage to do the surgery! :)

BurgundyBoy and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Am sure there have been zillions  of people who tried to eat pizza the day after surgery. It's human nature.

Trish1967, how are you doing today?

I totally get wanting to do it but owwww!

BurgundyBoy and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Am sure there have been zillions  of people who tried to eat pizza the day after surgery. It's human nature.

Trish1967, how are you doing today?

I'm a pizza fanatic, it was part of my daily diet before I decided to take control my health. For the life of me as much as I love pizza, I don't know how some people were able to put down things like pizza weeks after surgery. 

Trish1967 and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

I saw links to failure videos but I didn't watch them because I didn't want to lose the courage to do the surgery! :)

I can totally understand that! I only watched some of the fail videos when I was first starting out last year, because I wanted to see if the surgery could actually fail. But all of the videos I watched, you could tell that it wasn't the surgery that failed. It made me realize that the only way I will fail is if I don't do the work. And I haven't gone through all of this just to mess up the second chance I've been blessed with! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dtrain84 said:

I'm a pizza fanatic, it was part of my daily diet before I decided to take control my health. For the life of me as much as I love pizza, I don't know how some people were able to put down things like pizza weeks after surgery. 

I was a huge pizza lover before I began this journey. And we have an Italian restaurant about 20 minutes from home that people will drive an hour or more to get a pizza. It's amazing. And I still don't know how they could do it either. I get it that it's an addiction. I've been a slave to it for over half my life. I look at this surgery as a chance to break our food addiction and gain control of our health and lives

Dtrain84 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

I totally get wanting to do it but owwww!

Exactly!! I just took one of my meds, then tried to drink an ounce of protein shake, and I was too full!

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trish1967 said:

I was a huge pizza lover before I began this journey. And we have an Italian restaurant about 20 minutes from home that people will drive an hour or more to get a pizza. It's amazing. And I still don't know how they could do it either. I get it that it's an addiction. I've been a slave to it for over half my life. I look at this surgery as a chance to break our food addiction and gain control of our health and lives

Right now, I really don't have desire to eat but I know I have to. I also realize once my honeymoon period is over, my desire for food will be back and I will have a firm grip on my health and diet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, Havamal! You don't have your date yet? How frustrating! I hated waiting for my insurance approval. I have very little patience myself, I can relate to your frustration. Before you know it, you'll be post op and happy...it's coming! I think you're right about the anesthesia and nausea. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

No date... the surgeon wont set one until the final approval comes through from the insurance company. Which is kind of irritating seeing as they are scheduling 6-8 weeks out! I would think that it would make more sense to lock down a date now and cancel if the approval doesn't come through... its not like they are scheduling for next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

Right now, I really don't have desire to eat but I know I have to. I also realize once my honeymoon period is over, my desire for food will be back and I will have a firm grip on my health and diet. 

I have no desire to eat right now either, but it feels so nice to not want to eat all day, every day. I have to set alarms to remind me to drink my protein shakes, which I never would have imagined pre op. You have a great outlook on this process, because you know your habits will be set when the honeymoon is over. Same here :) 

Dtrain84 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Havamal said:

No date... the surgeon wont set one until the final approval comes through from the insurance company. Which is kind of irritating seeing as they are scheduling 6-8 weeks out! I would think that it would make more sense to lock down a date now and cancel if the approval doesn't come through... its not like they are scheduling for next week!

That seems so backward...my surgeon had to submit a date in order to get approval from my insurance company. My surgeon's schedule is like yours, but I got lucky. He added me to his schedule within 3 weeks of my 20+ pound weight loss. But I think it was a special circumstance since I couldn't have my surgery last year. I will definitely be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts! :wub:

Havamal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Trish1967 said:

I have no desire to eat right now either, but it feels so nice to not want to eat all day, every day. I have to set alarms to remind me to drink my protein shakes, which I never would have imagined pre op. You have a great outlook on this process, because you know your habits will be set when the honeymoon is over. Same here :) 

Ahh yes, the 2 week post-op liquid diet. I actually went through mine so well I wasn't overly excited when I moved to the soft foods stage. I'm excited about the future, I'm off my diabetes medications just 2.5 weeks after surgery and I was taking 4 medications for high blood pressure. I'm now down to 1 as I regularly register great bp numbers. I'm looking forward to the day I can ditch my cpap machine. Great times are indeed ahead! I'm also looking forward to seeing all of us at goal weight! 

Edited by Dtrain84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

That seems so backward...my surgeon had to submit a date in order to get approval from my insurance company. My surgeon's schedule is like yours, but I got lucky. He added me to his schedule within 3 weeks of my 20+ pound weight loss. But I think it was a special circumstance since I couldn't have my surgery last year. I will definitely be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts! :wub:

I agree Trish, surgeons usually set a date to put pressure on the insurance companies to the approval for surgery done by the set date.

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now