Trish1967

Hello from the losers bench!

111 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, cinwa said:

Sorry to hear you had a little bit of a bumpy ride with the nausea Trish but welcome to the losers bench.

Thank you, Cinwa! The nausea was horrible, but thankfully temporary. I feel much better tonight. I'm so happy to join you all on the losers bench, finally!

14 hours ago, Carina said:

@Trish1967 Congrats and welcome back! Hope you're feeling better today.

Thank you, Carina! I'm feeling much better today :) 

10 hours ago, Karimeaway said:

Yay! Yay! Yay!  So happy you made it through without too many hurdles.  Hope each day gets easier and easier!

Thank you, Karimeaway! I'm happy too...I'm expecting to recover fairly quickly. The worst is over now, I'm thinking :) 

9 hours ago, like_rain_to_sea said:

Thanks for the update Trish!

I suffered from nausea too straight after surgery so I think it must be common? Hope you are doing well and look forward to another update from you!

Rain, I'm thinking the nausea must be pretty common, considering they are slicing at your stomach, lol. I'm sorry you went through it too...I can handle pain much better than I can nausea. That to me is one of the worst feelings in the world. I'm doing pretty well tonight, thank you! :) 

CZJ and like_rain_to_sea like this

5 hours ago, Trish13 said:

YAY!!! So glad to hear everything went great!! Here's to the new you - Cheers!!! :D

Thank you, Trish!! :wub:

Trish13 likes this

2 hours ago, Jabsie said:

Sorry to hear about the nausea but I'm glad that the procedure went well and you're on the mend. Welcome to the losers bench!

Thank you, Jabsie! I'm so glad to finally be in the losers bench!!

24 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

@Gretta! Greta!

Glad to hear from you, Trish. You are in my thoughts. 

:):):) 

4 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, Res! I'm glad to hear that it's fairly routine to do a liver biopsy. I've got some pretty cool pictures that my surgeon took during the operation. I can see exactly where my biopsy was done, and there are before and after shots of my stomach. The pouch is T I N Y!!!! 

How cool you got to see the photos. I'm not sure I want to see mine, but I totally get that some people do.

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

Dear Trish1967, Take good care of yourself. Glad you made it through the surgery ok. If you ever want to share your photos of your TINY pouch, I'm in the fascinated camp. I'll have to ask my surgeon if she does that too, and if so could I please have a Fan Photo on my VSG. 

Trish1967 likes this

Glad to hear all went well Trish! Hopefully I will be joining the losers bench soon... if my insurance company would hurry up! (There's that patience thing again :wacko:)

From what I understand most people that are put under for surgery come out with the nausea thing... it is a reaction to the anesthetic used to knock you out.

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

Glad to hear you've turned the corner Trish.

Trish1967 likes this

Congratulations on your surgery and that you are feeling better! Looking forward to following your journey. 

Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

6 hours ago, Aussie H said:

How cool you got to see the photos. I'm not sure I want to see mine, but I totally get that some people do.

The photos are very cool, but I get that most people wouldn't want to see theirs, lol. I showed my oldest daughter (she's 30, lol) and she only glanced at them. My son said he has no interest in seeing them :) 

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Dear Trish1967, Take good care of yourself. Glad you made it through the surgery ok. If you ever want to share your photos of your TINY pouch, I'm in the fascinated camp. I'll have to ask my surgeon if she does that too, and if so could I please have a Fan Photo on my VSG. 

If I can send you a private message on here, I'd be glad to share the photos with you :) Can we send PM's on this forum? I wouldn't post them publicly because I wouldn't want to gross anyone out lol. You should ask your surgeon if they took pics of your surgery...they are pretty cool to have. I am taking care of myself, thank you! 

1 hour ago, Havamal said:

Glad to hear all went well Trish! Hopefully I will be joining the losers bench soon... if my insurance company would hurry up! (There's that patience thing again :wacko:)

From what I understand most people that are put under for surgery come out with the nausea thing... it is a reaction to the anesthetic used to knock you out.

Thank you, Havamal! You don't have your date yet? How frustrating! I hated waiting for my insurance approval. I have very little patience myself, I can relate to your frustration. Before you know it, you'll be post op and happy...it's coming! I think you're right about the anesthesia and nausea. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Vaultgirl72 said:

Congratulations on your surgery and that you are feeling better! Looking forward to following your journey. 

Thank you, Vaultgirl72 :) I'll be following your journey too!!

Edited by Trish1967
Vaultgirl72 likes this

Trish1967,

It is so great to see that you are doing well. 

When I was at home after my gastric bypass surgery, I found the Youtube videos by this person to be quite helpful and fun to watch, as well as being inspirational.  I strongly suggest that you watch them in order from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Millabee67?feature=watch

Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

2 hours ago, Havamal said:

Hi Havamal, 

I had no nausea after surgery (VSG). I took the preventive anti-nausea stuff but I then had a minor side-effect, and just went without it - with no problems. The surgical teams have us take a lot of things because 2% of people run into trouble without them and they want 100% of us to have a smooth post-operative experience. That's reasonable but if you don't have the trouble, you may actually run an higher chance of a minor side-effect from the medication in question. 

Hope your insurance comes through soon. 

Havamal and Trish1967 like this

Glad you are feeling better !!  

Trish1967 likes this

46 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

Trish1967,

It is so great to see that you are doing well. 

When I was at home after my gastric bypass surgery, I found the Youtube videos by this person to be quite helpful and fun to watch, as well as being inspirational.  I strongly suggest that you watch them in order from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Millabee67?feature=watch

Thanks, Res...I will definitely watch them :) I've kind of gotten addicted to watching WLS stories on YouTube. But I try to only watch the ones where people are honestly sticking to the post op program, and not the ones where they know that they can fit a whole bag of chips in their pouch a month out from surgery. Ugh...

NerdyLady likes this

37 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Glad you are feeling better !!  

Thank you, tracyringo!

tracyringo likes this

30 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Thanks, Res...I will definitely watch them :) I've kind of gotten addicted to watching WLS stories on YouTube. But I try to only watch the ones where people are honestly sticking to the post op program, and not the ones where they know that they can fit a whole bag of chips in their pouch a month out from surgery. Ugh...

Trish1967, the ones where they stuff the chips in their pouch should be archived... as examples of how STUPID you can be. (Well, to be more kind, how misguided one can be, and how one can undercut all of one's hard work). Right up there with the Dream Whip Lady (shudder).

My favorite was the guy who ate bags of Cheetos all day after surgery and complained the SURGERY didn't work. 

Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

16 hours ago, Gretta said:

Trish, I'm so glad you're back on the board! You were missed around here! My pre-op appointment with my surgeon is tomorrow! It's going to feel very real after that!

Oh Gretta, I'm so excited for you!!

11 hours ago, Aussie H said:

I'm kind of squeamish, kind of not. I'm super curious about your pictures but am not sure I can handle them!

Trish1967 likes this

16 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, Res! I'm glad to hear that it's fairly routine to do a liver biopsy. I've got some pretty cool pictures that my surgeon took during the operation. I can see exactly where my biopsy was done, and there are before and after shots of my stomach. The pouch is T I N Y!!!! 

I have the X-Rays from my surgery and I haven't had the heart to look at them. Hee hee.

Trish1967 likes this