Trish1967

Hello from the losers bench!

111 posts in this topic

Hello all :D just a quick update. I went in for surgery at 8:00am. Woke up with no surgical or gas pain, but horrific nausea :( I didn't think it was ever going to go away, but it finally did around 7:00pm. I couldn't drink much of anything until after it went away. I am starting to feel more normal right now. Struggling to take my meds, but I'm used to throwing the whole handful in my mouth and chugging water. I have to take one every 45 minutes now. Other than that, things are good. I have had a few issues with my blood sugar and blood pressure going high, and needing a magnesium infusion, but I'm not too surprised at either. My surgeon biopsied my liver, so I'm a little concerned about that. I just wanted to let you all know how I made out :) Thank you all so much for your support and friendship on this journey so far! I'm gonna try to sleep now, but I'll ttys :wub:

Thanks for checking in, Trish!!! So sorry for the nausea. That's rough. Glad you're on the mend. You did it!

Trish1967 likes this

20 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Hello all :D just a quick update. I went in for surgery at 8:00am. Woke up with no surgical or gas pain, but horrific nausea :( I didn't think it was ever going to go away, but it finally did around 7:00pm. I couldn't drink much of anything until after it went away. I am starting to feel more normal right now. Struggling to take my meds, but I'm used to throwing the whole handful in my mouth and chugging water. I have to take one every 45 minutes now. Other than that, things are good. I have had a few issues with my blood sugar and blood pressure going high, and needing a magnesium infusion, but I'm not too surprised at either. My surgeon biopsied my liver, so I'm a little concerned about that. I just wanted to let you all know how I made out :) Thank you all so much for your support and friendship on this journey so far! I'm gonna try to sleep now, but I'll ttys :wub:

It was the same thing with me on the nausea when I came out of surgery. I thought I was going to throw up a lung. I'm glad you came out of surgery well.  Those gas pains are coming. Make sure you get lots of walking in, it will help keep the pains to a minimum. 

Trish1967 likes this

Great to hear it's over Trish. Try not to worry about the liver biopsy. I found out only after receiving a pathology bill post-op from my original WLS, that my then surgeon biopsied every organ he had access to at the time.....So stomach, liver, pancreas, lungs etc. When I asked him if there was any reason for him to have done that, his response was that surgeons often take the opportunity to biopsy stuff when they have easy access to them, just as they tend to biopsy any bits they remove during surgeries.

Rest up now while you can and let anyone that wants to, give you some pampering.

Trish1967 and CZJ like this

Hooray and welcome to the losers bench! Sorry about the nausea, that doesn't sound fun. I hope you're feeling better soon. 

Trish1967 likes this

SO excited for you Trish!!! Get some rest, and recover quickly!

Trish1967 likes this

Trish,

Glad to hear from you! My pressure and sugar levels were high a few days after the surgery. Your body is trying to get used to the new pouch. I'm sorry you felt nauseous but that will go away. 

Be kind to yourself. What you've done isn't easy and you should be proud. 

Walk, walk, walk and get the gas out. 

Congrats!!

:wub:

Trish1967 likes this

Welcome to the losers bench!

My surgeon took a small piece of my liver during my gastric bypass operation for a biopsy and told me that it is routine to do this. 

Trish1967 likes this

Dear Trish1967, good to  hear from you. Hope the nausea is gone this morning. 

Trish1967 likes this

Sorry to hear you had a little bit of a bumpy ride with the nausea Trish but welcome to the losers bench.

Trish1967 likes this

@Trish1967 Congrats and welcome back! Hope you're feeling better today.

Trish1967 likes this

Yay! Yay! Yay!  So happy you made it through without too many hurdles.  Hope each day gets easier and easier!

Trish1967 likes this

Thanks for the update Trish!

I suffered from nausea too straight after surgery so I think it must be common? Hope you are doing well and look forward to another update from you!

Trish1967 likes this

YAY!!! So glad to hear everything went great!! Here's to the new you - Cheers!!! :D

Trish1967 likes this

Sorry to hear about the nausea but I'm glad that the procedure went well and you're on the mend. Welcome to the losers bench!

Trish1967 likes this

23 hours ago, Gretta said:

Thanks for checking in, Trish!!! So sorry for the nausea. That's rough. Glad you're on the mend. You did it!

The nausea sucked big time, but at least I'm past it now. I'm experiencing a small amount of nausea tonight, but it's just normal, not the intense stuff like yesterday. I'm so excited to finally have it over and done with! You've got 13 days to go...I can't wait for you to join me on the losers bench, Gretta!

Jen581791 and NerdyLady like this

22 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

It was the same thing with me on the nausea when I came out of surgery. I thought I was going to throw up a lung. I'm glad you came out of surgery well.  Those gas pains are coming. Make sure you get lots of walking in, it will help keep the pains to a minimum. 

I'm sorry you had to deal with that wretched nausea as well...I have a feeling a lot of us do. Doc said the surgery went great, no problems. I still don't have any gas pain yet, but I can feel it moving around in there. I'm walking as much as I can to help aid in the gas leaving my body.

22 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Great to hear it's over Trish. Try not to worry about the liver biopsy. I found out only after receiving a pathology bill post-op from my original WLS, that my then surgeon biopsied every organ he had access to at the time.....So stomach, liver, pancreas, lungs etc. When I asked him if there was any reason for him to have done that, his response was that surgeons often take the opportunity to biopsy stuff when they have easy access to them, just as they tend to biopsy any bits they remove during surgeries.

Rest up now while you can and let anyone that wants to, give you some pampering.

Thanks, Aussie...I'm glad it's over too! And thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one that had a liver biopsy, that takes the worry out of it :) 

I've got my awesome hubby here to pamper me, lol. He always makes sure I can get plenty of rest after my procedures/surgeries.

7 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

The nausea sucked big time, but at least I'm past it now. I'm experiencing a small amount of nausea tonight, but it's just normal, not the intense stuff like yesterday. I'm so excited to finally have it over and done with! You've got 13 days to go...I can't wait for you to join me on the losers bench, Gretta!

@Gretta! Greta!

Glad to hear from you, Trish. You are in my thoughts. 

Trish1967 likes this

20 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Hooray and welcome to the losers bench! Sorry about the nausea, that doesn't sound fun. I hope you're feeling better soon. 

Thanks, Jen! I didn't think I'd ever make it to the losers bench! Lol :) The nausea definitely wasn't fun, but I'm feeling MUCH better today! 

Jen581791 and NerdyLady like this

20 hours ago, Michael_A said:

SO excited for you Trish!!! Get some rest, and recover quickly!

Thank you, Michael! I'm on the track to a quick recovery! 

Trish, I'm so glad you're back on the board! You were missed around here! My pre-op appointment with my surgeon is tomorrow! It's going to feel very real after that!

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

18 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Trish,

Glad to hear from you! My pressure and sugar levels were high a few days after the surgery. Your body is trying to get used to the new pouch. I'm sorry you felt nauseous but that will go away. 

Be kind to yourself. What you've done isn't easy and you should be proud. 

Walk, walk, walk and get the gas out. 

Congrats!!

:wub:

NerdyLady, I experienced the sugar and blood pressure increases after my thyroid surgeries last year as well. It almost seems like your body is in shock after surgery. The doc is closely monitoring me from home. My pressure is still high, but my sugar is already back to normal.

I'm walking my (soon to be) little butt off! Lol :) This definitely isn't easy, but I am proud of myself. And the best part of this is I have zero hunger. Food is actually pretty repulsive sounding right now. I had all I could do to choke down the 2oz of protein drink. 

16 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Welcome to the losers bench!

My surgeon took a small piece of my liver during my gastric bypass operation for a biopsy and told me that it is routine to do this. 

Thank you, Res! I'm glad to hear that it's fairly routine to do a liver biopsy. I've got some pretty cool pictures that my surgeon took during the operation. I can see exactly where my biopsy was done, and there are before and after shots of my stomach. The pouch is T I N Y!!!! 

Res Ipsa likes this

15 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Dear Trish1967, good to  hear from you. Hope the nausea is gone this morning. 

Hey BurgundyBoy...the nausea was gone this morning :) I'm definitely feeling a lot better tonight. Just a bit tired and dragged out