jules_78

Nervous breakdown

Replying to @jules_78 original post - Last night went to a spectacular dinner party at a restaurant hosted by an old friend. Ate small, as we must, had had to walk around the block a couple of times when (perhaps not unexpectedly) found I had eaten too much too early in the dinner. Adjusting, adjusting, wished I could have eaten more for the taste of the food, not the need for the food, but that is my deck of cards now. No meltdown but a sense of loss, but comfortable with that. Like wanting the proverbial donut @jules_78 spoke of. Next time will eat even less early on to save a little room for later on. What fun the whole thing was.

The owner of the restaurant talked to me for half an hour about WLS. He needs to do something. It helped me to think if he could consider this given his business I can do it too.

Edited by BurgundyBoy
misspelled word

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:46 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Yes. It does suck. I haven't tried knitting or origami yet, but I bet they will not be as satisfying since they aren't oral.

For the record, I have made 9 (!) afghans since my surgery, 2 full size and 7 baby blankets. Oh, and a couple of dog coats. No obsessive tendencies here.

Edited by slars04

2 hours ago, slars04 said:

For the record, I have made 9 (!) afghans since my surgery, 2 full size and 7 baby blankets. Oh, and a couple of dog coats. No obsessive tendencies here.

Not a one, not a one.

Er, how many afghans had you made before surgery?

I'm turned to knitting to occupy my hands after my WLS.  It started with cotton wash/dish cloths - all of which I gave away - hundreds of them.  I'm now knitting a prayer shawl for a neighbour.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Not a one, not a one.

Er, how many afghans had you made before surgery?

Probably 30 in the 30 years prior to my surgery. BWAHAHAHAHA!

On 5/25/2017 at 9:46 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Maybe this summer I will find redemption in gardening or fishing. I just don't know though. Holding and smelling warm dirt in my hands may be as good as it gets now. I can still eat.... (drum roll....) The Perfect Tomato. It just won't offer the same emotional benefits. 

Aiiiiieeee. Last week - barely three days out from my surgery - our lovely neighbors brought over a giant bowl of the most perfect, tiny, bright red cherry tomatoes.  I almost cried.  I could almost cry thinking about it now!  But at least I know next summer, those tomatoes will be MINE.  (Like, as soon as they are ripe. Neighbors better put a lock on the garden gate, is what I'm saying.)

7 hours ago, Kio said:

Aiiiiieeee. Last week - barely three days out from my surgery - our lovely neighbors brought over a giant bowl of the most perfect, tiny, bright red cherry tomatoes.  I almost cried.  I could almost cry thinking about it now!  But at least I know next summer, those tomatoes will be MINE.  (Like, as soon as they are ripe. Neighbors better put a lock on the garden gate, is what I'm saying.)

Caramelize them in the oven with salt and herbs, blend them up, and put them in the freezer for as soon as you can have tomato sauce! Voila. No waiting for next year :) 

3 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Caramelize them in the oven with salt and herbs, blend them up, and put them in the freezer for as soon as you can have tomato sauce! Voila. No waiting for next year :) 

HA!  Leah had snarfed those down within hours of their arrival.  To remove temptation for me, she said.  SO KIND.

5 hours ago, Kio said:

HA!  Leah had snarfed those down within hours of their arrival.  To remove temptation for me, she said.  SO KIND.

Nice to have such a considerate friend! "Thank you, friend!!! You've saved me from myself!" :lol::lol::lol: