Smashlee83

What just 8 weeks can do

17 posts in this topic

before and after.JPG

Aksh, Jen581791, Khaleesi and 10 others like this

That is outstanding - in 8 short weeks you have a waist!

Trish1967 likes this

10 minutes ago, cinwa said:

That is outstanding - in 8 short weeks you have a waist!

It's an incredible feeling! I get so frustrated with the scale not moving fast enough, but the visual proof is there. Feel like a million bucks today.

Trish1967, LeeC and Hulaw2007 like this

Hi Smashlee83, great work! You should feel both proud and accomplished. 

(and those kids look super cute, must keep you busy!)

Smashlee83, Hulaw2007 and Trish1967 like this

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Hi Smashlee83, great work! You should feel both proud and accomplished. 

(and those kids look super cute, must keep you busy!)

Thank you! I do feel really proud. Some days I'm frustrated but today, fitting into this vintage shirt I keep tucked in the back of my closet for "one day", I feel great.

And luckily only 1 of them is mine. My daughter is 3-1/2 and she keeps me full time busy and crazy. The other cutie pie belongs to a close friend.

Trish1967 likes this

I get it. Am fitting into clothes had not worn in years now. Soon enough even these will be too big. 

When the fall rolls around and I am truly approaching 'svelte' status, I'm going to get a new suit and become a fashion plate. Probably ... I'll be insufferable. What a change!

Smashlee83, Trish1967, Aksh and 1 other like this

You look amazing and I love that shirt!!

Smashlee83 likes this

Heyyyy a fellow Houstonian!

2 hours ago, xmandy said:

You look amazing and I love that shirt!!

xmandy likes this

That shirt is adorable and so are YOU!

Incredible change in such a short time. Makes it all seem so worth it, doesn't it.

I've just pulled my bag of smallest clothes I own out of the wardrobe which has gone from bursting at the seams with 7 different sizes, to very sparsely populated. This time around I'm ditching clothes that are too big instead of keeping them for the past inevitable regain. Have to try to find something to fit for a big family event this weekend. I feel the need to look my best given it will be the first time in more than 30 years that all my siblings will be in one place. I don't want anyone looking at photos of the day thinking I look sick (due to ill fitting clothes), given this is the first occasion when I will actually be the smallest of my siblings instead of the largest.

On May 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

I get it. Am fitting into clothes had not worn in years now. Soon enough even these will be too big. 

When the fall rolls around and I am truly approaching 'svelte' status, I'm going to get a new suit and become a fashion plate. Probably ... I'll be insufferable. What a change!

^^^I love it!! An insufferable fashion plate! 

Amazing job, Smashlee!! You look wonderful and look like you feel wonderful!

Wow! You are killing this whole WLS thing! 

On 17/5/2017 at 6:47 PM, Smashlee83 said:

Thank you! I do feel really proud. Some days I'm frustrated but today, fitting into this vintage shirt I keep tucked in the back of my closet for "one day", I feel great.

And luckily only 1 of them is mine. My daughter is 3-1/2 and she keeps me full time busy and crazy. The other cutie pie belongs to a close friend.

This is something that I think people who are not nor have ever been overweight really understand - I've got some old jeans from a few years ago and some t-shirts and such, nothing new or fancy, but not been able to wear them in many years and I've kept them hung up on one side of my cupboard to remind me that I will one day fit into them again. And hopefully they'll eventually get too big for me too :D

Kudos on great success in a relatively short time.

LeeC and Jen581791 like this

On 17/5/2017 at 7:46 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

I know! :D I'm looking forward to doing that for a bit too - not because I care about being "hot" and stylish, but I want to do that to bug my closest non-fat bro's for whom I've been the chubby friend for years and now they're all getting a little out of shape over time. Basically I want to be Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) to them for a week or so just to get my cheap thrills before going back to being me. :)

50 minutes ago, Aksh said:

I know! :D I'm looking forward to doing that for a bit too - not because I care about being "hot" and stylish, but I want to do that to bug my closest non-fat bro's for whom I've been the chubby friend for years and now they're all getting a little out of shape over time. Basically I want to be Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) to them for a week or so just to get my cheap thrills before going back to being me. :)

Just a cautionary word on this. I actually achieved this last weekend with my dad's 90th birthday. It was the first time in over 30 years my 6 siblings were all together in one place at the same time, although we have seen everyone at various times over the years. I was always the biggest of the family from a very young age. This time though I was definitely the smallest, and in most cases by a very long stretch. Most didn't even acknowledge my weightloss, although some of the nieces and nephews did, as did pretty much all of the extended family that were present. There was no question that for some it was like I'd delivered a very painful kick to their guts. What should have been a celebration for me (and I guess at least internally it was), actually felt less of an achievement when very few even took the time to acknowledge let alone talk to me. Now they have to retrain their heads regarding who is bigger than them, just so they don't feel the pain I have for all my certainly adult years. Of course I have no idea how much conversation was going on away from my presence, but I can't control what others say to my siblings or how they react to it.

Your upcoming change for the better affects so many more people than you realise, even though it shouldn't. You're not them, they're not you, and measuring yourself against others isn't a very beneficial thing to do.

BurgundyBoy, Jen581791 and Res Ipsa like this

Oh honestly @Aussie H it's not about that - I have a very large/extended family (think exaggerated big families in movies like Big Fat Greek Wedding but worse) where everyones always in everyone elses business but rarely useful and always makes you feel like you want some space and unless you're the favourite you feel kinda judged if you have shortcomings.

So I have no intention of doing what I mentioned before with my family. I know that even though I am amongst the largest of a group that has more than a few hefty and big built and a few outright fat people in it, there will be negativity. I'm just going to do my best to ignore it and coast past them until they are able to adjust to the newer me.

When I said that I was going to be a bit of an @*#, I meant to my closest buddies, by bros, the guys with whom I can be absolutely myself who have been for their part trying to encourage me to get in shape for years (with no benefit to them in it) and who even if they called me fat, were never malicious. Lemme put it this way: if they teased me, it was one thing, if someone else teased me or made me feel like crap, they'd be the first ones to go and kick their @*#. So I'm planning on being cheeky to them but not in a mean way and I'm almost 100% certain that these 3-4 people will get as much of a laugh out of it.

Res Ipsa, Jen581791 and LeeC like this