Trish1967

I wish I could have slept

12 posts in this topic

I wish I could have slept last night (well, it's still technically last night). I never sleep well before doctors appointments or surgery, etc. it's been this way forever. And, I deal with a lot of pain due to arthritis, spinal stenosis, sciatica, and joint pain/swelling thanks to my thyroid. Or should I say lack of one. It sucks because I never sleep in the hospital. I always have a very slow heart rate post op, and whenever it drops below 40, the stupid monitors go off, and if by chance I was dozing off...I won't stay asleep. I'm not really nervous about the surgery since I've had so many prior to this so its not new territory. Well, the surgery part isn't, but this "recovery" will be completely new. I'm just so exhausted when I get home from the hospital that it takes me a week to start feeling better. I'm sorry to ramble, and appreciate you all listening. I'm just a bit frustrated that I can't sleep *sighs* You guys are the best, most supportive group of people I've ever "met", and I feel so lucky to have found this group. Thank you for indulging my pity party, lol. I guess I might as well get up and get dressed now. If I'm not up to posting later, I'll have my hubby David post for me to let you all know how it went. Peace out! 

NerdyLady, athenarose and Jen581791 like this

image.jpeg

I wish you could sleep, too! I'm not much of a sleeper, and I agree that a hospital is the worst place to try to rest. I'm glad you're the first surgery of the day. Best of luck on this life-changing day, Trish! Big hugs!

Trish1967 likes this

We all are sending our best thoughts to you for a successfully surgery and a quick recovery.  :)

Trish1967 likes this

Don't expect to sleep in the hospital; then you won't be disappointed! They're not conducive to rest.

Michael_A and Trish1967 like this

We are rooting for you! The pre-op moments will soon be a distant memory. :) xoxoxo

Trish1967 likes this

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth trip to the losers bench Trish.

Trish1967 likes this

Here's hoping you are in the OR and getting all re-plumbed. 

Trish1967 likes this

I took a sleeping pill the night before mine. That might also explain my very relaxed state going into surgery the next day. Hope all is going well with the surgery Trish. 

Trish1967 likes this

Posted (edited)

The long awaited day is now here! Best wishes to you my fellow bariatric friend, I hope you have a excellent recovery. 

Edited by Dtrain84
Trish1967 likes this

It's all happening! Sending positive vibes your way :) 

Trish1967 likes this

6 hours ago, Aussie H said:

I took a sleeping pill the night before mine. That might also explain my very relaxed state going into surgery the next day. Hope all is going well with the surgery Trish. 

@Aussie H I totally misunderstood and didn't realize you just had surgery, too! How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well!!!