Elaina

Pre-Surgery

16 posts in this topic

Today is just the beginning. I am beginning my 10 day liquid diet today, pre-surgery. My surgery is on May 25, 2017, so I still have a long road ahead of me. I am concerned with surgery and the first few weeks after surgery. Just wanted to sign up for this page so I have somewhere to look at when I am feeling down! 

Welcome to Thinner Times Elaina!

The pre-op liquid diet can be tough but once you make it through the first 2-3 days, it does become easier so hang in there and follow the programme.

Dear Elaina, congratulations on the decision to go forward and the journey ahead. There was just a posting by Raeme - 2 years before and after pictures. She looks healthy, strong, and in great shape now. My wife was really wowed by the difference.

I'm only 8 weeks out from my VSG, and have found the insights and bits of advice here very helpful. With any luck you'll find some of the same. 

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum!

I have to agree with the above statement. The pre-op diet suddenly got a lot easier (for me at least) from day 3. Just hang in there!

Welcome!  We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

Welcome Elaina!

Welcome, Elaina. There are so many great stories to read about here on TTF. I spent the several weeks leading up to my surgery poring over the blogs, before and after photos, and Q&A here :) 

Aussie H likes this

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Welcome, Elaina. There are so many great stories to read about here on TTF. I spent the several weeks leading up to my surgery poring over the blogs, before and after photos, and Q&A here :) 

Me too....especially the blogs! Welcome Elaina.

Edited by Aussie H

On 5/15/2017 at 9:38 AM, Elaina said:

Today is just the beginning. I am beginning my 10 day liquid diet today, pre-surgery. My surgery is on May 25, 2017, so I still have a long road ahead of me. I am concerned with surgery and the first few weeks after surgery. Just wanted to sign up for this page so I have somewhere to look at when I am feeling down! 

Dear Elaina, hope you are doing okay. Best wishes - 

How are you doing today Elaina?

Hi guys!! I am actually doing wonderful! Its been a month since I started my 10day liquid diet!! I obviously am not that familiar with this page so it took me a little to get back onto this. I havent gotten sick off of anything yet, but I also am sooo scared to try anything with sugar in it so I have just been eating very high protein foods, like canned chicken, cut up fish, yogurt, oatmeal and for snack i eat like one pepperoni and cheese. I dont know if that is why I still havent gotten sick, not that I want to get sick.... but its making me feel like the surgery isnt working! Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning. I have lost weight, but I still dont see a difference yet....although, energy wise I feel great! I am sooo excited to get down to my goal weight....I am getting married in MARCH so I PRAY I can get close to it by then atleast! If its at all possible! 

Great update, @Elaina!

17 hours ago, Elaina said:

............ I have lost weight, but I still dont see a difference yet....although, energy wise I feel great! I am sooo excited to get down to my goal weight....I am getting married in MARCH so I PRAY I can get close to it by then atleast! If its at all possible! 

It'll be a very long time before you see any changes in the mirror Elaina.  Best advice I can give is to take photo's (monthly is good) - same position in front of a paneled door or like:  How to Take Before And After Photos for Weight Loss

18 hours ago, Elaina said:

Hi guys!! I am actually doing wonderful! Its been a month since I started my 10day liquid diet!! I obviously am not that familiar with this page so it took me a little to get back onto this. I havent gotten sick off of anything yet, but I also am sooo scared to try anything with sugar in it so I have just been eating very high protein foods, like canned chicken, cut up fish, yogurt, oatmeal and for snack i eat like one pepperoni and cheese. I dont know if that is why I still havent gotten sick, not that I want to get sick.... but its making me feel like the surgery isnt working! Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning. I have lost weight, but I still dont see a difference yet....although, energy wise I feel great! I am sooo excited to get down to my goal weight....I am getting married in MARCH so I PRAY I can get close to it by then atleast! If its at all possible! 

I haven't gotten sick on anything yet either. My surgery was a week before yours. That's a good thing! That most likely means that you're only eating what you're supposed to be eating, and eating your food slow enough and chewing it very well. You're losing weight, so the surgery is working! Celebrate the fact that you're not getting sick :) 

You have 9 months until your wedding. My guess is that if you're not at goal weight by then, you will be very close! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! 

19 hours ago, Elaina said:

@Elaina there are a lot of posts about not only following weight but also things like waist and hip size, legs, arms, neck... suggest you measure yourself in a bunch of locations - if/when you stall, you will have something to mark how your body is re-configuring itself even if your weight stays level. Congrats on your loss to date and your upcoming wedding!

Trish1967 likes this