tinacristina

Who is still losing?

9 posts in this topic

After1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc....who is still losing?

I'm a RNY'er over 9 years out but if I don't keep up with my calories, I still lose.

I lost 3 1/2 pounds the last 2 weeks while on vacation.  I have to watch the scale now so I don't lose.  I add in calories when it drops..

4 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

I lost 3 1/2 pounds the last 2 weeks while on vacation.  I have to watch the scale now so I don't lose.  I add in calories when it drops..

It is so hard to imagine being in that situation. In the one chat my surgeon has had with me post surgery so far, he told me that losing too much weight is his biggest concern for me given I lost so much pre-surgery. I just can't wrap my head yet around the possibility of being told to add calories. That just goes against everything I've ever been told about my weight over the course of my entire life.

tinacristina likes this

"What a long strange trip it's been..."

- The Grateful Dead

GAviv likes this

I CAN still lose, but I have to work at it. I'm 3.5 years out. I ate and drank too much over the holidays and put on a few pounds which I am working off now. Gone are the days of losing without really trying. 

Clickin and ThinCVT like this

I hope I have to add in calories to keep my weight up. Love hearing the stories.

Aussie H likes this

I have to work to stay close to goal. My weight crept up a few pounds recently and now I'm on lock down to get it off.

ThinCVT likes this

Ditto to stephtay and Jabsie.  I dropped 12 pounds below my goal weight and stabilized there about 10 months postop.  Maintained easily for a couple years.  The last 6 months have definitely proven more difficult.  My weight wants to creep up if I'm not super diligent.  I'm spending more time at the top of my range rather than the bottom.  lately my carb intake and cravings have increased so my goal this week is to knock out the cravings and get back to the bottom of my range with a few days of liquid protein.  So yes, I can still lose 3 1/2 years out, it just takes a little more work.