Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fitforlife17

New here and have a question

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question. I'm having RNY next Thursday. I've done well on my pre op diet. Lost 47 pounds. I did something incredibly stupid last night, and hope I didn't screw up all of my good work. I drank 3 drinks and had 3 slices of pizza for dinner last night. I know it's bad and having complete regret today. I haven't cheated once until last night. How bad did I just make things for myself? I know your not doctors, but any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Thinner Times!

I very much doubt that one slip is going cause problems as you have a week to go.  But you must stick to your pre-op diet from now on.

Fitforlife17 and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to Thinner Times!

I very much doubt that one slip is going cause problems as you have a week to go.  But you must stick to your pre-op diet from now on.

Thank you. I sure hope you're right. The worst part is I know better, and I did it anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't beat yourself up - there's nothing you can undo what's been done.  But you can learn from it and if you feel tempted again, come back and read what you wrote.

Fitforlife17 and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know hindsight is 20/20 and I can't change it. It's just so out of character for me. I've been so strict. I won't be repeating my mistake, but it's good to know I can come here for support. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be OK. Keep your eyes on the prize. One week to go!

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it helps I was really strict on myself for the 6 months prior to my surgery. In the 4 week pre-op diet I dropped the ball a few times. It made no difference at all to my surgery, but it did remind me of exactly why I needed to have surgery. That was the awakening I needed right before surgery to keep myself from backing out.

Trish1967 and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Gretta said:

It'll be OK. Keep your eyes on the prize. One week to go!

Amen to that!

Edited by Trish1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

If it helps I was really strict on myself for the 6 months prior to my surgery. In the 4 week pre-op diet I dropped the ball a few times. It made no difference at all to my surgery, but it did remind me of exactly why I needed to have surgery. That was the awakening I needed right before surgery to keep myself from backing out.

That helps me too

Edited by Trish1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0