LilFoundling

New to Thinner Times

Hi!

I'm new here, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 38 year old woman from Tennessee, relocated to Evansville, Indiana. I am previously divorced, now engaged to be married in June of 2018. We had planned on November of this year, but I decided that I'd like to be a year post-surgical. I have 2 sons, 15 and 19. My family has been incredibly supportive during this time, and we all know how stressful the pre-surgical process can be! 

My high weight was 332, and I'm currently 306. I have a goal weight of 150. I'm most looking forward to feeling better and being able to be more active as the weight comes off. Also, I'd love to be able to shop vintage stores and thrift stores for my clothes! It's really hard to find my size right now :( It's a small goal, but it's one thing that I look forward to!

I'm currently consuming mostly liquids, and expect to be on a completely liquid diet after May 24 for my 2 weeks presurgical diet.

Good luck to everyone here on your journeys.

Welcome LilFoundling!

Welcome :) This is a great place for support, these folks are wonderful here. Good luck with your pre op diet and congrats on your engagement! 

Welcome! It sounds like things are going well so far :) Keep it up!

Welcome!  We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. I suggest that you read a lot of postings throughout TTF, and then let us know if you have any questions. 

At this point the most important things for you on this are to be confident that you have found both the best possible surgeon and the weight loss surgery type that fits your needs. This is major life altering surgery and you want the best.

Buying normal sized clothing is fun!

Dear LilFoundling, an hello and Godspeed on this journey. Hope you'll find answers to your questions here and without doubt, a sympathetic community. 

Welcome! We have similar stats and surgery dates. It will be fun to lose together. :D

Hello Lil! Welcome to the forum. Lots of love and support here.

Welcome aboard!

Hi :)  I am new to this site.  Will be posting a picture in near future.  I had gastric bypass on March 7, 2017.  Doing pretty well.  Have lost almost 38#-almost halfway there. I am doing fine on my protein and fluid intake.  I have been permitted to eat solids for a while.  I started out doing pretty well with them.  In the last 3-4 weeks, I noticed that when I ate the food, it just seemed to sit right before going into my pouch.  I get pain in the area that lasts about 1-1 1/2 hours.  I have tried walking, massing the area, etc. Nothing but time would resolve the pain and it is extremely uncomfortable.  I was in yesterday 06/12/17 for my 3 month follow-up.  I have to have an EGD done.  I was not able to schedule it until 07/17 due to the booked schedule not because of my availability.  I was given a phone number to call 2x/day by the scheduler to check for cancellations.  The doctor thinks it could possibly be a small ulcerated area or a stricture.  In the meantime, I get my protein and fluids going since they are important.

On the bright side, very pleased with my weight loss. The doctor did say I might slow down a bit on weight loss because I am closer to the 5-6 month approximate % of weight loss than 3 months.  I read some VERY interesting posts here and found a lot of helpful information so I decided to register and become part of the forum.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, LilFoundling said:

Hi!

I'm new here, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 38 year old woman from Tennessee, relocated to Evansville, Indiana. I am previously divorced, now engaged to be married in June of 2018. We had planned on November of this year, but I decided that I'd like to be a year post-surgical. I have 2 sons, 15 and 19. My family has been incredibly supportive during this time, and we all know how stressful the pre-surgical process can be! 

My high weight was 332, and I'm currently 306. I have a goal weight of 150. I'm most looking forward to feeling better and being able to be more active as the weight comes off. Also, I'd love to be able to shop vintage stores and thrift stores for my clothes! It's really hard to find my size right now :( It's a small goal, but it's one thing that I look forward to!

I'm currently consuming mostly liquids, and expect to be on a completely liquid diet after May 24 for my 2 weeks presurgical diet.

Good luck to everyone here on your journeys.

How did your surgery go? You doing okay?

Welcome to Thinner Times Asturiana.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to have an EGD - did anyone mention the possibility of a stricture?

3 minutes ago, Asturiana said:

Hi :)  I am new to this site.  Will be posting a picture in near future.  I had gastric bypass on March 7, 2017.  Doing pretty well.  Have lost almost 38#-almost halfway there. I am doing fine on my protein and fluid intake.  I have been permitted to eat solids for a while.  I started out doing pretty well with them.  In the last 3-4 weeks, I noticed that when I ate the food, it just seemed to sit right before going into my pouch.  I get pain in the area that lasts about 1-1 1/2 hours.  I have tried walking, massing the area, etc. Nothing but time would resolve the pain and it is extremely uncomfortable.  I was in yesterday 06/12/17 for my 3 month follow-up.  I have to have an EGD done.  I was not able to schedule it until 07/17 due to the booked schedule not because of my availability.  I was given a phone number to call 2x/day by the scheduler to check for cancellations.  The doctor thinks it could possibly be a small ulcerated area or a stricture.  In the meantime, I get my protein and fluids going since they are important.

On the bright side, very pleased with my weight loss. The doctor did say I might slow down a bit on weight loss because I am closer to the 5-6 month approximate % of weight loss than 3 months.  I read some VERY interesting posts here and found a lot of helpful information so I decided to register and become part of the forum.

Nice to have you on the Forum! and sounds like the EGD will give you some answers, hope a cancellation opens up a sport for you earlier. 

Yes the possibility of a stricture was discussed.

Welcome, @Asturiana! If it gets really bad, don't hesitate to go to the ER so you don't have to wait so long for answers. Congrats on your success so far!