I'm coming up on 2 months post op and have noticed I'm starting to lose hair and also develop dandruff? It's thinned in the front, similar to when my daughter was born. I just noticed a handful come out :(. Is Biotin the best option? Any other ideas? I'm a little vain about my hair and don't really love this.

It's all temporary. The dandruff could be from not eating enough fat. Biotin is good but be aware it can cause an increase in BODY hair as well. Make sure you're hitting your protein numbers.

Mine hasn't thinned much (yet?), but I'm starting off with very thin, fine hair, so I'm dreading it. I've been taking Biotin since op, but it apparently just encourages new growth and doesn't do anything about the loss. I've been hitting my protein target since about one week out, so I'm hoping that will help. 

My plan is to order some of this if/when it gets bad: https://www.toppik.com/  I've seen it on a bunch of forums and some people swear by it. Trying to keep in mind that it's only temporary!! <_<

Prior blogs suggest making sure you get enough protein. I hadn't heard about the biotin mentioned by Gretta and Jen581791. 

I'm hitting 60 grams of protein a day and 20 or less carbs. (600-800 calories)

17 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

I'm hitting 60 grams of protein a day and 20 or less carbs. (600-800 calories)

That's about where I am. I'm crossing my fingers that this will help. I hope your hair gets better quickly!!!

As other folks have mentioned, take biotin and be sure to meet your protein goals. Also if you are healthy it should help minimize your hair loss, so be sure to drink lots of liquids and take your vitamins. 

Your hair should begin to come back a few months from now. 

I lost probably 25% of my hair. It was a bummer but I trusted it would come back and it did. For women with long hair, when your hair starts to thin it might be time to cut it. Shorter hair looks fuller and it is easier to hide all the new growth "sprouts" when your hair starts to come back. I was super vain about my hair when I was fat. But, as I lost weight, not one person noticed my hair loss. They all noticed my weight loss.

If you are interested,  scalp make up can be purchased at Sally Beauty. It comes in a compact much like blush. I used it in those widening parts and receding areas. It really does the trick.  There is also a powdered made by Joan Rivers.