BlueEyedGirl

Panniculectomy Question

7 posts in this topic

I am one month post op and I am still having pain and swelling most days. I know that it can happen for awhile. I am curious what others have done to help with this discomfort beisdes tylenol and aleve which was okayed for me to take by my bariatric surgeon. Thank you! :)

Hey there! Besides pain and swelling how are you liking your results?

so I had full tummy tuck 1/18. I am still swelling. No pain except when I sneeze and haven't fully braced myself for it. I HATE the swelling and it creates discomfort (rather than pain). 

Are you wearing a binder or girdle? Just having everything strapped in seems to help. I'm not much of a pill taker so I got off meds quickly. My back was absolutely killing me so I did use my heating pad a lot early out. 

BlueEyedGirl likes this

2 hours ago, Clickin said:

Hey there! Besides pain and swelling how are you liking your results?

so I had full tummy tuck 1/18. I am still swelling. No pain except when I sneeze and haven't fully braced myself for it. I HATE the swelling and it creates discomfort (rather than pain). 

Are you wearing a binder or girdle? Just having everything strapped in seems to help. I'm not much of a pill taker so I got off meds quickly. My back was absolutely killing me so I did use my heating pad a lot early out. 

Hello! I am liking the results so far. Taking time to get used to how I look now though. My surgeon didn't want me in a binder after 3 weeks. I am wearing underwear that are like Spanx all day every day. I didn't take many pain meds and didn't even get it filled when I left the hospital. But now as I am moving around more it is painful some days. I only take the pain meds when it gets really bad which is maybe 2 times a week. The swelling is the worst part. It creates the achy feeling and it can hurt badly.

Clickin likes this

I didn't have pain after a month. But I did have swelling. I stayed in my binder 24/7 for at least 2 months. Even after I was told I didn't need it anymore I wore it. I wanted everything to heal down tight and I think it might have helped with pain? I don't know. 

I can't remember what it is called but you can develop little pockets of fluid which might need to be drained so if the swelling and pain continue, call your dr. 

BlueEyedGirl likes this

5 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I didn't have pain after a month. But I did have swelling. I stayed in my binder 24/7 for at least 2 months. Even after I was told I didn't need it anymore I wore it. I wanted everything to heal down tight and I think it might have helped with pain? I don't know. 

I can't remember what it is called but you can develop little pockets of fluid which might need to be drained so if the swelling and pain continue, call your dr. 

It's more discomfort now than pain. Mostly from the swelling. My doctor said it could take months to settle down and some days would be better than others. I was just checked and everything looks great. The binder I came home in just made it worse and he told me to get rid of it and get compression underwear type things. They help a lot better. I have some scar tissue I have to massage to break it down and that is the most painful part which I was told is also normal and it should break up in time. Each day is better! :)

Clickin likes this

On 5/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, BlueEyedGirl said:

It's more discomfort now than pain. Mostly from the swelling. My doctor said it could take months to settle down and some days would be better than others. I was just checked and everything looks great. The binder I came home in just made it worse and he told me to get rid of it and get compression underwear type things. They help a lot better. I have some scar tissue I have to massage to break it down and that is the most painful part which I was told is also normal and it should break up in time. Each day is better! :)

Yes, keep doing the scar massage and use those silicone scar strips if you aren't. They both really work. In places my TT scar is invisible from the massage and the strips!

BlueEyedGirl likes this

9 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

Yes, keep doing the scar massage and use those silicone scar strips if you aren't. They both really work. In places my TT scar is invisible from the massage and the strips!

Did you have scar tissue that formed? Any certain way to massage them?