Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meme Sue

Meme Sue

5 posts in this topic

New to thinner times!  After 9 years and regaining 30 some pounds I am trying to get back on track!  My tool still works fine it is me that's broke!  One thing I am looking for is suggests for protein powder!  My favorite has been fit frappe, but it is very costly!  I have a friend that is getting gastric sleeve surgery and I want to be able to mentor her!  Thanks 

Welcome! We're here to support you! I'm not a fan of many whey-based protein powders. I just feel so much better on the egg white-based ones. They are a little expensive, but so worth it to me. I used to use Jay Robb brand. I recently found an unflavored one called Paleo Protein that is much less expensive. I use Torani sugar free syrups with it. So good!

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Meme Sue likes this

Thanks Gretta, By the way I have a wired haired dachshund named Greta!  Lol. I see you are waiting for surgery, GoodLuck!  I will go back and tell a little more about me!

Welcome Sue!

Kudos for taking action for that 30lb regain.

My choice for a protein powder is Syntrax Nectar.  It's a whey protein isolate.  I get mine here:  https://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?N=0&ss=1&Ntt=Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate Powder but it's worth shopping around for deals.  And it's also worth doing a search for the sample packs.

I'm a shake type flavour gal vs. the fruity ones but that's just my choice.

Hi all, thanks!  I did order some of Syntrax cappicino flavor, plus sugar free raspberry syrup! I will give that a try and go from there!  A little more about me!  I had a compound fracture of my right ankle in 2001.  Four surgeries over next two years, weight gain of course!  Had bypass done in 2007.  Lost 75 pounds and after about 3 years the weight slowly started creeping back on, my mindset told me I could eat what ever I wanted because I couldn't eat a lot!  So caution out the door and calories in the door!  I have always had to focus on protein, just didn't focus on calories, fat, preparation etc....... Then in 2014 I feel and broke right hip, my first surgeon botched my first surgery and I ended up having my hip replacement in 2015!  Considering all that I am lucky to only to have regained only 35 lbs!  Also I started drinking several glasses of wine in the evening another pooor choice of empty calories!  I now only drink occasionally and I am trying to get back on track!  My biggest hurdle is exercise!  My hip still gives me a lot of trouble!  I live in a small Wyoming town nearest pool is 38 miles a way, so pool exercise is a challenge.  The reason I am going into all this time is I hope I can encourage others not to fall into poor choice like I did!  I am committed to getting back on track!