zirco leopard

Come on One-derland! I wanna see you on my scale!!

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I woke up today and lost another two pounds. I'm at 200 lbs now.. started at 354 lbs. I soon will be 8 months post op. I'm sooooo ready to get to one-derland! I got a lot of goals in one-derland that I want to achieve. Bring it on!!

My first goal is to get there - 199 !

The next goal is to make it in the 180s !

then I want to make it to the 150s !

& my final and pretty ambitious goal (for me anyways) is to make it to the 140s where I hope to stay and maintain!

I'd love to get lower than the 140s.. idk If my body will take me there though.. but if it does I'll happily tag along. Lol. My weight loss is a little slower compared to like the second or third month post op.. but it's still coming off. When does the honeymoon period end?

also, how many calories do you all eat? I'm eating 700 a day and usually it's less than that. Should I pay more attention to calories or ounces or equal attention to both?

Edited by zirco leopard
Res Ipsa, Michael_A and Jen581791 like this

154 pounds in 8 months? That's amazing!! I'm still pre op, so I can't answer your questions (sorry), but I just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss so far!

Great job so far! I think the answer to all your questions is: it varies.  For me, I think I'm still in my honeymoon as, if I restrict my calories, the weight still comes off pretty easily.  I don't know how many calories I eat, but it's definitely more than 700 calories/day. I don't track anything other than my weight.   I want to stay below 130, but like to stay about 128 so if I weigh above 129, I'll really watch my intake until I'm back below 128 (usually only takes a couple days).  I'm not sure how much that helps, but that's my experience.

Jen581791 likes this

As of this morning I was 3 pounds away from onderland!  I haven't been under 200 in decades....DECADES!  GO GO GO!!  You can do it!!

Jen581791 likes this

How exciting! Keep us posted!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I'll definitely keep you all posted on my progress!

karimeaway, let's do it together! We got this! Whenever it happens and I get to one-derland I know I'm gonna scream and jump around from pure joy and hell I think I might cry too and tear up. Lol.

Karimeaway likes this

Congrats on your amazing progress! What an inspiration! Keep up your awesome work :) 

15 hours ago, zirco leopard said:

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I'll definitely keep you all posted on my progress!

karimeaway, let's do it together! We got this! Whenever it happens and I get to one-derland I know I'm gonna scream and jump around from pure joy and hell I think I might cry too and tear up. Lol.

YES!! I'm so ready!!  The impossible finally seeming like a possibility!

Zirco,

Wow. Great job so far!  Just keep doing what you are doing and you will keep on losing weight (with an occasional stall).

Also, when (not if) you reach onederland the correct protocol is a happy dance.  :D  You should be dancing soon. 

By the way, i remember that only about six months ago you were struggling and now you are totally in control. 

We remain here to support you. 

Res Ipsa (Geoff)

Jen581791 likes this

13 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

By the way, i remember that only about six months ago you were struggling and now you are totally in control. 

Thanks for posting this to remind not just zirco leopard but the rest of us that it gets better! I remember reading that post a few months ago and thinking, "Wow, I hope she does OK. That doesn't sound good." And now onederland! 

So glad to hear @zirco leopard and @Karimeaway are both right at this milestone. Congrats :D:D:D

Res Ipsa and Karimeaway like this