Moving forward

Looking for a buddy. Melbourne Victoria

6 posts in this topic

Hi I am looking for a buddy. I am almost  4 weeks post op gastric bypass.

I reside in Melbourne Victoria, I am struggling with anxiety and feel slightly depressed :mellow:

With this been said I have insight due to this forum better times will be ahead.

I would like to take this journey with others so we can grow and support each other.

Hi moving forward,

You and I had our surgeries almost at the same time so if you want we can be "buddies".  I can totally relate to the mild depression and anxiety...I keep thinking I'm going to be that 1/1000 (or whatever the stats are!)  That gastric bypass just doesn't work for or that I'll be that one person who doesn't lose much weight!  I think it's normal to doubt yourself and losing weight is a very emotional thing!

Moving forward and CZJ like this

Welcome!

Moving forward likes this

Thanks Kathleenm1964.

I am happy to buddie up.

I think at this stage it is way to easy to over think everything.

My first words of support at this time are to  focus on just today! 

I too worry about the what ifs but only time will tell.

Thanks for buddying up with me.

Great advice, especially to try not to overthink everything!  My weight loss issues in the past were exacerbated by my inability to try to let things take their course, I'm trying to live moment by moment now!

22 hours ago, Kathleenm1964 said:

Great advice, especially to try not to overthink everything!  My weight loss issues in the past were exacerbated by my inability to try to let things take their course, I'm trying to live moment by moment now!

I have started saying just for today all the time, it's the only way I can bring myself back to the here and now.

I am reading a great mindfulness book which is really helping me practice been present in the moment.

So just for today I am not going to think about anything that has Why? But or what if. In the subject.