NikkiP04

Pre Op and new to the Community

Hi guys I'm 12 days till  gastric sleeve and new to the community! I just wanted to say hello  and start my journey with such a supportive group! Did anyone do this with three small children? How did you manage recovery?

No small children Nikki but I wanted to welcome you all the same.

Welcome! My youngest was 4 when I had my surgery (I have 4 kids all born within a 5 year period). So young, but not really little guys.  How old are your kiddos?

They are 6. 4 and 1 and boy are they a handful

41 minutes ago, cinwa said:

No small children Nikki but I wanted to welcome you all the same.

Thank you!!!

Welcome!  My kids were all grown up when I had my surgery. 

Just like after any major surgery, you probably will need some help with your children in the first week or so after your surgery. 

No kiddos here, but welcome. Twelve short days and you'll be on the losers bench! 

2 hours ago, NikkiP04 said:

Hi guys I'm 12 days till  gastric sleeve and new to the community! I just wanted to say hello  and start my journey with such a supportive group! Did anyone do this with three small children? How did you manage recovery?

13, 12, 7, 5, and 3   :-)

Welcome.

My boys were 3 and 4.  I needed a week with help.  My husband stayed home with me the first week.  I had a friend helping the the next Monday.  Then I was on my own.  I'm not going to lie, I was tired but I pushed through and you will too!  Having back up support helps!

3 hours ago, NikkiP04 said:

They are 6. 4 and 1 and boy are they a handful

Yeah, you'll definitely want some help or a second pair of hands for at least the first few weeks post-op if you have that option. Especially with the littlest one. As far as recovery, basically treat it the way you did after giving birth.  Take it easy, maybe let them watch a little more tv than normal, have easy meals prepped or on-hand, etc.  

Welcome! I have no children but am getting sleeved this month too. It will be fun to lose together.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:18 PM, Gretta said:

Welcome! I have no children but am getting sleeved this month too. It will be fun to lose together.

Gretta! awesome Let's be buddies

On 5/3/2017 at 3:31 PM, athenarose said:

Yeah, you'll definitely want some help or a second pair of hands for at least the first few weeks post-op if you have that option. Especially with the littlest one. As far as recovery, basically treat it the way you did after giving birth.  Take it easy, maybe let them watch a little more tv than normal, have easy meals prepped or on-hand, etc.  

thank you I needed this!

On 5/3/2017 at 2:06 PM, Karimeaway said:

My boys were 3 and 4.  I needed a week with help.  My husband stayed home with me the first week.  I had a friend helping the the next Monday.  Then I was on my own.  I'm not going to lie, I was tired but I pushed through and you will too!  Having back up support helps!

so helpful. exactly what I needed

Yes!!! Let's be buddies!