Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ktallon

Depression hitting hard

8 posts in this topic

I have really been struggling with my depression since my surgery in February. I have had several bumps in the road and still am dealing with some not so average complications. my weight loss has done okay until I hit a stall last week. Being bipolar does not help this matter at all. I am really struggling I cry on a daily basis some days I wonder why I even made this decision. Most days I don't want to get out of bed and the only reason I do is because I have a 5 year old son. Today has been extra hard. I don't know why it just has several times I have had to walk away from my desk at work and lock myself in the bathroom and just cry. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist however it's not until the end of May. I have tried to get in sooner but unfortunately he is out of the country until then. how convenient for me. I also feel like I have no family or friends that support me in this journey. as I mentioned in another post my sister keeps bringing bad food into my home that I am being nice enough to let her stay right now. I'm just over everything at this point I want to just hide from the world. I feel alone, isolated, my emotions are every where. What have I gotten myself into. Will it always be this bad or does it get any easier. right now I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. please someone tell me I'm not alone in experiencing this. 

Cyprus likes this

I wish I had some magic words to help you. I think you are dealing with a lot, and you're dealing with it alone. That has to be really hard. Does your program offer support? That might be a place to start; I think the end of May is too far away. Or can you find someone through your GP? Or even your NUT? 

I hope someone else has some more suggestions. I just wanted you to know someone read this and is here to help support you. <3

I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time right now and struggling at home. *hugs* I know it's hard not to take it so harshly, but stalls are a part of the process while your body adapts. I have faith that you'll get through it and see results of your hard work soon. WLS is a tough process to go through feeling like you don't have anyone to support you. I think I saw your previous post about your sister and I would definitely confront her about the junk food issue and how you're feeling. It's not for confrontation, but to be open about what's going on so you're not carrying additional weight of worry than you need to be. I've had a few regret days here or there, but do think I'm more emotional than before. I cry at alot of things I wouldn't have before and I think alot of that is my hormone levels. I know it'll be different for you also dealing with your complications, but I hope things are easier on you soon! You have all my support if you need to vent to someone!

It gets easier. 

As your psych is out of the country, I would think they would have someone covering for them. Any one else you can see? If not, talk to your WLS surgeon about your depression.

And your sister. If you haven't told her the food she is bringing in makes is hard for you, tell her. If you have and she doesn't get it I would do one of the following:

- tell her she MUST keep it out of your sight (my husband keeps his junk food in his office, out of my sight. I never see it so I don't even know it is in the house!)

- if she cannot do that, she must keep it in her car or stashed outside somewhere

- if she cannot do that tell her you cannot be held responsible for what you might do with her junk food when you find it. You might throw it in the trash. You might put it out in the street and stomp all over it. 

NyxinKC, bellamoma, LeeC and 2 others like this

It sounds like you're having a hard time right now. Since you can't meet with your psych yet, I hope you feel like you can make meaningful connections with people here at TTF so you can discuss this - I find the people here to be so welcoming and supportive. Please reach out here when you need to. Are there any support groups in your area that you could join?

I hope things start feeling easier for you soon. 

Stephtay likes this

Hugs to you. So many overwhelming changes! Do they have a bariatric support group in your area? Could you call your psych's office and ask them to refer you to someone else in the interim? I'm glad you keep checking in with us. I'm still pre-op, so I can't comment on whether it gets better, but I'm counting on it.

bellamoma and Stephtay like this

Get help wherever you can find it!  Your surgeon, the fill in doctor, your PCP..

as far as the junk, it's your house, throw it out..I keep Reese's in the house for grandkids, I hate them, won't touch them.  

They get one when they go home.  Cookies for hubby's lunch are kept in the freezer, I want instant gratification and won't touch those either.  Chips don't do it for me, they are safe..find out what might work but get rid of the rest of her junk.  

It's your survival. 

bcd likes this

Ktallon, how are you doing today?