Smashlee83

LADIES ONLY (Cycle talk)

So I'm on week 6 of post op. I started my period on week 2 (3 weeks early) and then again 2 weeks later. This last one has now lasted over 2 weeks! Is this happening to anyone else? When it happened did your weight loss stall for the duration?

A couple ladies who went through WLS at the same time as me who had a similar issue early post-op.  I didn't experience that but for whatever reason, I had 3 or 4 regular periods post-surgery then nothing.  No more periods and other than night-time sweats which my PCP put down to the menopausal, I was fine.

I was 53 at the time so no one was too concerned.

Can't help on the weight thing because I decided not to have scales in the house from the day of my WLS until I got into the normal BMI range for my height.

Personally, I don't think there's anything to worry about but I'd suggest you have a visit with your PCP to put your mind at rest.

So since I have had surgery I have literally had a period every other week since. I also have been spot bleeding. it's been awful, I actually have an appointment with my obgyn next week. I am sure the rapid weight loss is not helping our hormones any. I have not stalled weight wise that I know of. I only typically get weighed if I go to the doctor as I do not have a scale in my house or I would drive myself nuts.

totally, perpetual period!.  My PCP also had the surgery and warned me in advance.  From what I have studied it is quite normal.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, ktallon said:

So since I have had surgery I have literally had a period every other week since. I also have been spot bleeding. it's been awful, I actually have an appointment with my obgyn next week. I am sure the rapid weight loss is not helping our hormones any. I have not stalled weight wise that I know of. I only typically get weighed if I go to the doctor as I do not have a scale in my house or I would drive myself nuts.

Looks like you're doing great despite it. I think my current 3 week period is coming to an end and I finally dropped a couple more pounds! I think I need to get rid of my scale. I moved it upstairs so I wouldn't get on it every time I walked through my bathroom, but now it just means I have to walk upstairs first thing when I wake up to weigh myself. And again in the evening when I'm brushing the little ones teeth. I'm basically torturing myself.

I am mid post-op week 3. I haven't started early on my cycle so far, but it should be coming up this weekend, so I'll see what happens afterwards if it comes back quicker than my usual schedule. I weigh myself everyday so I can see how my water and body fat levels are changing. I try not to pay attention/care about my overall weight until the weekend. It's not period related so far, but I have noticed most of my stalls have to do with my water retention levels. I've a bit of vitamin deficiency right now and it's carrying me to carrying around a little more water than I would be otherwise.

Yes, I didn't have my menstraul cycle for over a year and three weeks after my surgery which was on February 22nd I got it. then I got it twice in April.  I'm hoping this doesnt happen every month.